CT. FISHING REPORT - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Connecticut
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Connecticut Connecticut and the Long Island Sound

Old 09-03-2005, 11:28 PM
Lunker

Default CT. FISHING REPORT

TONS, AND TONS OF BAIT "SPEARING" THE LAST 2 NIGHT'S BUT,,,,,NO FISH,,,,,MAYBE TOO MUCH BAIT,,,,,OR IS IT THE DEAD 2 FOOT STRIPER THAT I HAVE SEEN 2 NIGHT'S IN A ROW THAT KEEPS COMING BACK WITH THE TIDE?????? ARE THE FISH SPOOKED???...TOM...AKA...BAITFISH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2005, 12:57 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Have you tried fishin the rivers/marshes?

Old 10-08-2005, 05:30 AM
Reports and Info Dude
Got a Little Captain in you?

You can find both stripers and bluefish at Calf Pasture Beach, Compo Beach, the mouth of Southport Harbor, Sunken Island, Penfield lighthouse, Seabright Beach, the Seaside Park fishing pier, the Bonds Dock fishing pier, Milford Harbor, Charles Island, the West Haven sandbar, the Fort Hale fishing pier, Lighthouse Point, Southwest Reef, Cornfield Point and the Connecticut River between the DEP Marine Headquarters fishing pier and the river's mouth out to Long Sand Shoal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2005, 05:24 PM
Lunker

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP GUYS !! IT IS NOW A MONTH LATER AND THEY HAVE ARRIVED BIG TIME,,,,,,,,,YESTERDAY I WENT OUT TO BEDFORD'S POINT""""GREAT LOCATION,,BUT CAN BE VERY DICEY"",,,,AND MANAGED TO TAKE THE WRONG STEP AND GO IN FOR THE "DUNK" !! THANK GOD IT WAS DAYTIME BUT I WILL BE BACK OUT THERE AT NIGHT 1ST CHANCE I GET,,,,,TIGHT LINES,,,TOM,,,AKA,,,BAITFISH
Old 10-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Reports and Info Dude

The rain and flooding freshwater has pushed the bluefish and striped bass out of the tidal rivers and harbors. In order to catch either fish, you will need to visit the reefs and breaklines at least a half-mile away from the shore. Should you decide to go boating, exercise caution because of the wind and heavy seas. Those few braving the elements found fair fishing off Millstone Point, Bartlett Reef, Black Point, Hatchett Reef, Southwest Reef, Faulkner Island, the Middleground, Buoy 11B and the Obstruction Buoy.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:14 AM
Reports and Info Dude

Those who got out on the Sound reported plenty of bluefish and striped bass. You need to work a bit to locate the schools, but once found the action can be furious. Good places to start are Buoy 28C, Sunken Island, Penfield Lighthouse, Buoy 20, outside the Housatonic River and along the New Haven Harbor channels.
Elsewhere, porgy season is now closed. Blackfish are around in good supply on most of the larger reefs. Hickory shad are catchable in the Mystic River, Niantic River, Clinton Harbor and the East River. Sporadic reports of little tunny and Atlantic bonito have come from the reefs east of the Connecticut River.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:45 PM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

I got the urge to cast. I went to a spot I know where the schoolies hold up all winter and had a ball early this morning, even at dead low.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:47 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Doh! Why you gotta rub it in!

Old 01-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Veteran Elite

Ugh, too bad my trip to CT isn't until the first weekend in Feb I'll be in New Haven 2 days and just north of Hartford for 2 days....