Herring report - Page 6 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 09:21 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Herring report

Stoolied a few herring in the river, Coxsackie area, today. Wind was terrible. Rain's gonna suck. No runs yet...
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2014, 11:26 PM
Striper Hunter

Herring in the Postey. Confirmed by 2 upstate charter captains. Rain.... depending on the amount will change that... but don't give up.... by the weekend they may hit again
Old 04-15-2014, 08:23 AM
Striper Hunter

Where do you come up with this crap? It's 7am and I'm at the posty. Not one herring here! Is there another posty? My friend works for DEC in Kingston and only pulled 5 herring out of their nets yesterday. Making up bullshit stories about herring being here isn't gonna make them come quicker. Lol we will all know when they are actually here.

Tight lines, liars! Hahahaha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Veteran Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePoseidon View Post
Where do you come up with this crap? It's 7am and I'm at the posty. Not one herring here! Is there another posty? My friend works for DEC in Kingston and only pulled 5 herring out of their nets yesterday. Making up bullshit stories about herring being here isn't gonna make them come quicker. Lol we will all know when they are actually here.

I heard it from a source i trust ..... he watched some being caught.

Take it with a grain of salt but i believe him ..... and .... it doesn't matter anyway since the river will be a complete mess for the next week after the rain.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:00 AM
Striper Hunter

I believe a few far and between were caught, but they ain't HERE HERE. I'm in no rush with this weather anyway.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Tyee

Guess it's been a longggggg winter for everyone. I check the board here everyday all day long, love seeing the scant reports but, I know just like the rest of u " vets" out there that it hasn't started yet. I'm gonna finish all my projects these next two weeks and then, we'll, by hunny I'll c u at the end of May lol
Old 04-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Tyee

Hope my wife doesn't read this, but I think she already knows
Old 04-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Veteran Elite

Quote:
I believe a few far and between were caught, but they ain't HERE HERE. I'm in no rush with this weather anyway.
The first to show are always the alewives .... and they don't stay in the creek once they arrive .... they will enter it then go back to the river. I don't know why or what drives them but sometimes the creek is loaded and other times it is barren.

It's always a week or two after the first ones show that the big schools including the bluebacks show up and the big schools of stripers arrive as well.

This is shaping up to be a "normal" season with the best fishing in may.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Winning !
Pro Staff

Quote:

Calling someone else a liar just because YOU didn't see them is pretty funny. It's Not crap, There are some Herring around, def not in any big numbers yet ... and they don't stay there 24/7 , they come and go. I saw a few pics from somebody who was there.

And NO rush here either, i hear ya some guys get all crazy once April get here for sure.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Official Member

Herring are in Black Creek in Esopus
Old 04-15-2014, 11:29 AM
First Mate

Quote:

Thatís about the most dumbest thing anyone could post... Awe, Just because I couldnít catch or see any then there arenít any and everyoneís lying... Dude, grow the heck up and just go fishing or stay the hell home.. Your choice
Old 04-15-2014, 01:03 PM
First Mate

Herring are in the poestenkill and they are here in numbers hitting the sabaki!!!! I limited out in about 30 min today as well as all the others that were there. Some were caught with bite marks on them!!! There are bass out there now we just need this rain to go away and the river to clear up a bit. I will be out on Saturday and maybe Sunday!!!!
Old 04-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Official Member

There are herring in kingston..that can be confirmed..now we need the weather to get right...
Old 04-15-2014, 06:10 PM
Striper Hunter

Wow! not used to seeing such venom here.

Pulled into HH this afternoon watched a young fellow pull out two or three with a stoolie and net. Clipped the pic cause I didn't want to post his face without permission.

If you don't believe the pic I feel sorry for you.

Wind blowing, temp. dropping and pouring rain! I tried both stoolie and sabiki but couldn't call up any.

The guy was there when I pulled in (truck reading 57 degrees) and still there getting soaked when I left (truck saying it dropped to 47 degrees). They were few and far between but he pulled up enough to fish chunk and live. No takers while I was there.

River was muddy, visibility about two inches based on the stoolie. I suppose that I could have had followers but didn't see them.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:28 PM
Striper Hunter

Went last night with a friend to the Germantown area of the river late afternoon.we stoolied 4 herring in 25 minutes.put poles out for about an hour.no takers.first herring of the year from my friends and I.Heard of 2 small stripers caught also but on bloodworms in cheviot area.damn rain!!!Its just starting boys!!wooohoooo
Closed Thread