3-Piece Travel Rods - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Rods And Custom Rod Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rods And Custom Rod Building Discuss on fishing rods & on custom rod building here. Saltwater and freshwater Rods

Old 09-04-2011, 11:39 AM
Striper Hunter

Question 3-Piece Travel Rods

Do you all own any 3-piece travel rods? Which models do you prefer?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2012, 07:54 AM
Official Member

Default Re: 3-Piece Travel Rods

I own a Trophe 3 piece travel/kayak rod in 8'6" (TSTSC 863H ) and have a strange like for this rod. I have the casting version of it and it's not the most sensitive rod but it's nice and light for a rod this stout. I purchased it to use on the piers here in town but I think I want to give it a try to cast topwaters for stripers in the Conowingo Tailrace. The price was right so I purchased it unfortunately without doing any research. Then after purchasing it, i couldn't find many reviews on it anywhere except there's one thread on one of the striper boards that claims that few people had one of the section joints splitting on them but I haven't had that problem. For this reason, I've been taking it as a backup to my 8 ft airwave spinner but I always gravitate to the Trophy so I guess that says something. Never caught anything big on it though so I hope I'm not in for a big surprise. It casts very well and balances pretty well for me. It's got a nice moderate action and I had first tried to use it for bucktailing but the action wouldn't allow me to feel what the jig was doing so I'll give the topwater a try with it. I love the fact that it's a 3 piece so I can take it with me just about anywhere.