So When does your "Fall" start, and what are your first bait migrators? - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > View From The Beach
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

View From The Beach Renowned surf angler, Rich Troxler, shares his thoughts, tactics, tips and tricks for surf casting success!

Old 10-12-2011, 02:21 AM
Official Member

Default Re: So When does your "Fall" start, and what are your first bait migrators?

Well, Cmoorenj,,,when you see Mr. Striper...tell him to "Come on doooown",,,lol.Mr. Striper !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2011, 01:45 PM
First Mate

Default Re: So When does your "Fall" start, and what are your first bait migrators?

A relatively slow Fall thus far in my neck of the woods. There's been some pop-up bites, but all-in-all the fishing is pretty slow. Montauk, as usual, has had some good action, but much of the south shore of LI is off. Then again, we haven't seen the sand eels anywhere near the same level as the past couple years. The upside to this, is that many of the traditional (non-sand eel) bites in the bay are starting to shape up again.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:21 AM
Striper Hunter

The Herring is in now I heard some good news that theres fish on them.

These were caught in the bay and I found the most interresting stomach contends in them...

Usually theres just mush in there bellies I always thought they ate real small stuff like plankton or tiny things?? You learn something new everyday
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 10:13 AM
aka Fishalicious

^^^HA!!
Old 11-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Official Member

Wow herring are in already? I love catching them. And I always find small and sometimes large shrimp in their bellies. But never a sandeel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Paul View Post
The Herring is in now I heard some good news that theres fish on them.

These were caught in the bay and I found the most interresting stomach contends in them...

Usually theres just mush in there bellies I always thought they ate real small stuff like plankton or tiny things?? You learn something new everyday
Old 11-22-2011, 10:03 PM
Official Member

The stomach of bass in nj are filled with sand eels pullin metal across a bar or I heard just throwing a bunker trebles has been workin becausE it grabs eels and is pretty much like free bait
Old 11-23-2011, 05:42 PM
First Mate

Yeah, Jersey sounds like what we had last year on the south shore. We just got some fish hitting the beaches now, and some have filtered into the bays, in mostly near inlet locations. We'll see how long they stick around.

Other than this shot of action, it's been a horrible fall in these parts LOL.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Striper Hunter

Sand eel bite off Jersey is epic!
It's like Robert Moses on Steroids;
because the beach has great structure I.E. points, troughs, holes & a series of Bars.
Some troughs are so deep at low tide you still have to swim across them.
Super strike needle fish & Ava jigs are lethal.
It's not uncommon to land 12 fish in 90 minutes.
Plus Jersey lets you keep 2 bass over 28".
The people are very nice too.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:34 PM
First Mate

Glad you got in on it Adam.

The SS of LI has been warming up as of late also. I think it'll be short lived, but a few Thanksgiving bass would be a good thing.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:57 AM
Striper Hunter

Default A November to remember

Last time this part of jersey had a sand eel phenomenon so thick was November of 1985!
B & T shops are saying this next week might totally eclipse that Record breaking Bass Run of 26 years ago!
Only MTK in 08 has shown me better bassing!
Happy Holidays!
Old 12-02-2011, 02:39 PM
First Mate

What a difference a state makes, huh LOL.

If nothing else, this phenomenom should illustrate how important bait is to the finding of fish. Sand eels on LI SS last year, Jersey this year.