Wind and White Water - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > View From The Beach
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

View From The Beach Renowned surf angler, Rich Troxler, shares his thoughts, tactics, tips and tricks for surf casting success!

Old 12-09-2011, 09:07 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Wind and White Water

Aemon wow that was real big of you giving those Herring away

I bet you made ALOT of friends that day. Did you try and fish with any of that Herring you caught? That Herring is like BASS CANDY. Anyway I also been having great sucess with the herring and I also Pickle it as well. It's sort of a Tradition around my house.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Striper Hunter

I was going to try to get your recipie at the Xmas party lol. I tried them plus every blue lure I had that weekend but all I got were the herring. The one I saw caught was on a white naked bucktail. The next week when they rolled into the south shore I went on the boat with my uncle. Brought my nice blue shimano waxwing jigs, he uses ava,s, no tube single hook and thats the only thing they hit. So much for match the hatch that day lol. I always troll your report thread and look forward to your pics. Id love to get a spot with you guys one day if you charter and ill see if I can go get some of moms sausage and peppers if i do 8). And I did make some friends that day, it felt good to be part of the action even if it was only bait.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:50 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aemon View Post
I was going to try to get your recipie at the Xmas party lol. I tried them plus every blue lure I had that weekend but all I got were the herring. The one I saw caught was on a white naked bucktail. The next week when they rolled into the south shore I went on the boat with my uncle. Brought my nice blue shimano waxwing jigs, he uses ava,s, no tube single hook and thats the only thing they hit. So much for match the hatch that day lol. I always troll your report thread and look forward to your pics. Id love to get a spot with you guys one day if you charter and ill see if I can go get some of moms sausage and peppers if i do 8). And I did make some friends that day, it felt good to be part of the action even if it was only bait.
OH YEAH Sausage and Peppers your on !!! and the herring Recipe no problem here it is

http://www.noreast.com/recipies/details.cfm?ID=110
Pickled Herring by Cary</B>Servings: Estimated cooking time: Posted By: SeaLion
1 Pound Fresh Herring; scaled, filleted, skin on/off
(Approximately 8 - 10 Herring per Jar)
Salt Brine
1 teaspoon Mixed Pickling Spice
1 Bay Leaf
pinch of Dill
dash of Black Pepper
medium Onion, thinly sliced
few small pieces of Carrot, thinly sliced
fresh Garlic slices/chunks
1/3 cup Sugar
1-1/2 cups White Vinegar
1 quart Mason Jar

To make the salt brine, mix enough salt in a bowl of water to make a salty solution to float a raw egg (or until good & salty).
Cut fish into 1-inch pieces & place in salt brine, cover & refrigerate for 1 day.
Discard salt brine & wash herring well in cold water. Dry the Herring with paper towels.
In a saucepan, bring vinegar to a boil adding pickling spice, dill, pepper, sugar & bay leaf. Mix until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat & cool.
In a one quart jar put herring, onion, carrot & garlic. Fill to top with cooled pickling solution. Keep tightly closed jar in refrigerator 3 to 4 days until ready to serve.

I like to mix drained pickled herring & onions with sour cream & serve on a toasted english muffin or saltine crackers. Or you can just eat it straight from the jar. Yum...

Enjoy

This Recipe was posted on: Jan 03, 2004
Click shopping list above to view ingredients...

ALSO Here's My Herring Cooking Videos

http://youtu.be/6CqrU2guN0M

http://youtu.be/4mTOP28oySQ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Striper Hunter

Thank you Capt. Paul I apreciate it. Have a great day.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Striper Hunter

Thank you Capt. Paul I apreciate it. Have a great day.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:26 AM
First Mate

So what is it that you are trying to say there Mr. Lingus?

Let's see if we can figure this out OK.

First off, the word "shiut", I'm not familiar with it, so help me out here. Were you trying to spell the "naughty" word for kaka, sometimes spelled like this "sh!t", so as to beat the automatic forum word censor, or are you trying to spell the word "shut" as in "shut up rick"?

Well, telling me to "sh!t up rick" would not really make any sense, seeing as due to a recent operation, this is an anatomic impossibility for me now, so I guess that leaves door number two, "shut up rick"

So let's examine the grammer and see if that can give us a clue as to what you are really trying to say. Sentences begin with the first word being capitalized, so regardless of what your first word is trying to spell, it should have been written as "Shiut". But I'm sure you already knew that.

Then there's the confusion about my name. My screen name is richtrox, and I'm sure that you, being the rocket scientist that you are, no doubt realize that my first name is "Rich", a common contraction of the Germanic name "Richard", a name that I personally loathe. I didn't ask for it, blame my parents.

So yeah, calling me "rick" is very disconcerting, because only my eldest sister calls me that and I'm sure you are not her, because she really likes me. Regardless, whether it's "rick" or the correctly contracted "rich", from a grammer perspective, I'm a PROPER NOUN, which means you should capitalize the first letter of my name, no matter how badly misspelled. But I'm sure you knew that to.

So I guess all this investigation leads to but one question. Are you one of my fan club from another website, perhaps someone who got banned for being an idiot, or did you just wander in off the information highway and have nothing better to do with your life?

This is what I love about the Internet. It's become a playground for those who don't have anything hanging between their legs. So if you have an ax to grind with me, man up and tell me to my face. I'm not even going to ban your sorry a$$ because you're so pathetic.

At least not yet.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:20 AM
Pro Staff

Hey Rich,
I banned the douchebag already. Sorry his post here is gone, but it got caught in the search I did for for all the other stupid posts he put up last night and deleted. Some people are just not worth the trouble.

Awesome reply though, lol
Old 01-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Striper Hunter

I knew that wasn't going to end well, he did come up with an interesting nickname for Jake though heh. Hope your having a great new year so far Rich and I'm looking forward to your next well thought out post.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Official Member
Pro Staff

WOW YOU DONT CHECK IN FOR AWHILE AND YOU MISS ALL THE DRAMA RIGHT rick?
MIKE
Old 01-23-2012, 11:36 PM
First Mate

Yeah, been a bit distracted lately, since the holidays, but I'll get back to doing some posting real soon. I think I'll make it something with a little humor to it.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:42 AM
Striper Hunter

I always like fishing the beach when the wind is in my face. I find it hard to believe that you can Catch bass when the ocean is churning like a washing machine. Some of my favorite lures are a 2-3 oz white bucktail a heavy tin and white feather teaser combo or a A47 and tube.

About the only coditions I don't like to fish is when huge waves are breaking and the wash is about 75 yards wide and there is a heavy sweep- too dangerous to fish.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:53 PM
Official Member

Ok, I am late to the party.

What was Jakes nickname? New rounds for the arsenal are always welcome.

NY Chapter President
Old 02-01-2012, 12:02 AM
Striper Hunter

It was so obscene that I guess my memory was traumatised because i cant remember it lol.