Smith Mountain Lake - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Virginia's Rivers, Lakes and Impoundments
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 02-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Official Member

Default Smith Mountain Lake

Hello to All,

I am brand new to this forum. I came accross this site when googleing "how to catch stripers at Smith Mountain Lake." My buddies and I have rented a house at SML (accross from the dam) in mid May of this year. We go down once a year to fish and get away from the wives for a while. We normally target bass and pan fish just for fun, but I recently went out striper fishing (charter out of VA Beach) and I am hooked. I see that SML has a striper population and would like to know if any one has any knowledge, methods or baits to catch stiper at this lake. I have a small bass boat (16ft) with a 9.9hp we will be bring with us. I have a few 7ft rods that are stout that could probably handle a bigger fish. I have them rigged with 20lb mono. I am a complete novice when it comes to striper fishing so any and all advice is welcome. Bait, lures, weights, time of day, or pretty much anything that may be pertinent. We will also be fishing off the dock in the cove we are staying in. The only thing I have found is charters and I'mnot sure my group would want to charter a boat. Thanks for the help in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Smith Mountain Lake

Sorry I am new to the site and id not realize that salt and fresh water had different forums. I found the right one.

https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/sh...624#post130624
Old 09-09-2010, 11:32 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Smith Mountain Lake

I have a section on my website, on how to fish for stripers on Smith Mountain Lake V.A. during certain times of year. I try to give daily fishing reports. If you would like to check it out, go to www.pullindrag.com, it could be very helpful.