Two great articles on the RI fishing Show - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 04-04-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Two great articles on the RI fishing Show

All members of the R.I. Saltwater Anglers Association should be proud to know that

Governor Donald Carcieri
and
Speaker of the House William Murphy

attended the opening of the show and cut the ceremonial ribbon.
(photo attached)

The Governor, an angler himself, then went into the show to browse some of the
exhibits and took a turn at the virtual fishing simulator.

Also, Speaker Murphy presented RISAA President Steve Medeiros with a $5,000
Legislative Grant to help with the annual Take-A-City-Kid Fishing Day.

The grant, secured with the help of Rep. Peter Palumbo (also a RISAA member),
will enable RISAA to hold two kid fishing days this year.

and...............

State Chairman
Stripers Forever

To: Rhode Island Saltwater Anglers Association
Entire Membership

Dear Fellow Members:
On behalf of Stripers Forever, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for allowing this group to participate in your New England Saltwater Fishing Show, and for the support that you have shown since its inception.
At the show this weekend, Stripers Forever signed up 500, that's right, 500 new members, who are concerned about the state of our fishery and how it is managed. There is no doubt in my mind that what has helped is the excellent monthly newsletter that is put out for the entire membership to help inform and educate our members.
This enormous task is accomplished by many individuals who I couldn't even begin to remember or thank. Let me just say that your efforts are not going unnoticed by anglers all up and down the East Coast.
Your efforts have established a principle of dedication that no other organization has ever shown in my life time. For this group to be able to come into Rhode Island and sign up 500 new members is nothing short of amazing. Many have said that this could not or would not ever happen. Well, you have proven them wrong. Rhode Island now has the second highest membership, behind Massachusetts of concerned anglers who believe the striped bass is a valuable game fish and who support strong conservation measures to keep the stock healthy and viable.
When someone asks me if I am a RISAA member, I am not only happy to say yes, I am also proud to be part of and associated with such a fine organization of so many fine people. We may not all agree on the same things at the same time but in the end the job gets done. That is what makes this group the finest that has ever been my privilege to be associated with.
On behalf of Stripers Forever, the board of directors and all the other state chairmen and dedicated volunteers, I wish to extend our deepest gratitude and extreme best wishes that RISAA continues to be one of the best fishing (families) that we all can proud to say that we are members.
Capt, Jim White
RI State Chairman
Striopers Forever-Make it a Gamefish

I know i was one of those 500 new members.

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2005, 11:09 AM

Heres the Governor shaking the hand of the Pres of RISAA at the show opening.

aka surfcastermaster

Old 04-04-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Thats good stuff

Briggs got the new newsletter in today.. looks like the state was trying to get rid of the spring Tog season, RISAA mentioned RI never hit their quote last year but they lowered the limit in the fall from 10 to 8per...
And I'm happy when I get one fish LOL... I could never think of taking 10 per day a few times a week...

Thanks for posting...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-04-2005, 10:42 PM

Yea i know Ed....doesn't seem right does it.

I'll tell you this though.....i'll pick a day this summer, you and your boy will come down the beach, we'll take a row boat out to the rock in front of my beach, and i'll let you catch Tog after Tog....your boy will love the rock i'll take you too, its about 500 feet across and a couple hundred deep. waves crash all around it and i've thought it to be pretty cool since i was a kid. its about 100 feet high at the peak i think. You pull the boat right up on the rock. I'll let you know this summer and we'll make plans.

Bring those trolling rods you just bought, your gonna need them togging where i go.

aka surfcastermaster

Old 04-04-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Sounds good Briggs

Sounds good.. all this talk of fishing is getting me crazy...
The water temp is going up though
You've only got 5 days to wet those lines :)