Glow-sticks - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Canada
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Canada Eastern Canada - Discussion & reports

Old 12-09-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Glow-sticks

Hey there fellow striper fisherman/women, i've been a member of stripers247 for a month or so now reading and gathering some great information and tips on this addiction we call "STRIPED BASS"..

i'am jason meade and i live Dartmouth Nova scotia canada, I mainly fish the Minas Basin area for stripers, the water is very muddy and dark yet some how we catch them there using the regular baits hearing squid etc...

My question for you guys is do you think glow stick would help your chances of catching a few more striper during night time fishing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Pro Staff

Default Re: Glow-sticks

Hello & welcome to the site!! Not sure how you would use a glow stick, but I personally think that would do more harm than good. I've experimented with some glow-in-the-dark soft plastic shad bodies on jig heads in murky water, and never got a hit, while a bunker colored storm shad slathered in smelly bunker oil would take all the schoolies I felt like reeling in. I think in murky water conditions, the bass rely more on their sense of smell than sight, and something that out of the ordinary would just look strange and,,, well,,, out of the ordinary, and cause them to shy away. You're probably better off using a scent attractant in those conditions, IMHO.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:02 PM

thank you for the reply.. i can see where your comming from with the glow stick set up.. i just bought some BERKLEY POWERBAIT BASS ATTRACTANT what are your thoughts on this product?

Thanks again NOVA-SCOTIA-NEWFIE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Official Member

Welcome to the site! I always believe it can't hurt to try new ideas. Some work, some don't.

I have some real fond memories of catching some nice topwater stripers on the Sable River back in the late '70s. My family owns a cottage about 7 miles up the river from the ocean. I gotta get back up one day.

You got a hunting and fishing paradise up there.