North Kingstown Bound - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 04-21-2005, 06:49 PM
Official Member

Default North Kingstown Bound

Hello all !!! I am a native Rhode Islander returning home after 12 years of seperation. I got addicted to large mouth fishing down south. Got hooked on stripper fishing in NJ. Don't have a boat this summer.
Where is a good place to fish ? And what are some of the best baits. I read some where in theese forums about clam bellies ? How do you fish them? Any help would be greatly appriciated. Really want the kids to get addicted. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2005, 06:55 PM

Hey stiff
You have come to the right place. I will defer to Craig, (briggs) Cuz'n Ed and Lil rhodey on the Rhode island techniques. Frank Dagnialt has a book out called Striper Hot spots. It will give you a general idea of their migratory directions and haunts, but if there is running water near rhode island they wont be far off. :)
Old 04-21-2005, 07:01 PM
First Mate

Default Welcome & Info

Welcome to the site !!
And you will love being back in RI for bass season.

Down that way you are pretty close to some good surf spots like Black Point and many of the beaches. I have fished East Matunuck from the beach and the break water, the crowded west wall also can produce for long periods if not all season. In North Kingston you are also pretty close to Jamestown, Beavertail and other public access points which can produce as well as many of the access points along the drive in Newport. Speaking of Newport you might want to try a few of the beaches later in the day and work needle & top water plugs in the surf. This is also not to mention bait like clam bellies.. Briggs can fill you in on what these can do for you and bass. You are in the center of a big bass mecca.

Check out Wildwood Outfitters on Main Street in Wakefield or Quaker Lane Bait on Quaker Lane in North Kingstown, both of those shops will be able to point you in the direction of the current bite. Also check out www.risaa.org, that is the Rhode Island Salt Water Anglers Assoc, tons of info, seminars and local knowledge.

Good luck and I look forward to your fish reports