Anyone fish the cape and islands - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Canada
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Canada Eastern Canada - Discussion & reports

Old 03-28-2005, 04:58 PM
Senior Member Elite

I used to have a beach house in Truro... :( ...I wish I had it now...

...Thanks Echo...That was the setup I was thinking about...
...What knots do you use for: wire to swivel, Dacron to swivel and wire to Dacron???...I was gonna use a Haywire Twist and then splice the Dacron into a loop...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2005, 10:31 PM
Lunker

team echo surfs too? where's nomans land? i usually only got as far as horshoe shoal as a kid. its been a while since i've beenout there fishing. used to go with my dad. havent had aboat since, until now that is.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:46 AM
Striper Hunter

nomans is west end of marthas vineyard 3 miles off use to be a navy bombing island now a wildlife sanctuary.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:56 PM
Senior Member Elite

Seems like an apropriate name...
Old 03-29-2005, 08:09 PM
Official Member

i miss going up to the cape for some big time fishin right out the back door of my cottage.if you do get out to truro. go right behind days cottages and fish off that outflow pipe. if you dont get a few on the line i'll buy you a case of beer.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Striper Hunter

TeamEcho I fish Westport to Cuttyhunk and the Vinyard. I was raised on Nashawenai Island and spent manny hours fishing Cuttyhunk as a young man. I use to do lots of shore and surf fishing but now like the roll of the waves under the boat far better. We still have a mouring pole in Cuttyhunk harbor and land at the top of the hill by the water tower if you have ever been on the Island you know where I meen. Hope to fish the Island much more this coming season. I did get some nice fish at the Pigs last fall with the largest at 51" did not have a scale on board so did not get the weight. I will look up a pic. and post later. hope to see you out there this spring.GB
Old 03-31-2005, 09:38 PM
Striper Hunter

Default gb any desire to sell

Hey it is great talking to a fellow local. tell me have you ever thought about selling any land over there?
let me know
Old 04-01-2005, 08:26 AM
Striper Hunter

Team we had a few ask back in the late 80s if they could buy a lot and at that time they offered 500,000.00 but we did not sell and do not think we ever will at this point. My uncle was a charter fisherman on Cuttyhunk in the 50s and 60s. The land was his and he left it to the family. The mouring pole was his and has stayed in the family ever since. I had not been to the island for 18 years and had stopped fishing while the family was growing up. But now they are both out on thier own so we bought a boat and started going back to the island 3 years ago and back into striper fishing.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:37 PM
Veteran

I'll have to check out the charts. thats a good place to fish.
Old 04-03-2005, 06:31 AM
First Mate

Default Eh fishguts,,

I see you mention fishing in Truro. Do you mean Truro ,Nova Scotia? I live bout 20 miles from there, but them cottages you mention don't sound familar. How far up the seaboard has a striper been caught yet?? I was down to the bay yesterday for a couple hours but only got a few tommycod. Usually don't get any stripers untill middle of May. We don't seem to have as many bigger stripers as you guys have along the coast of the US. I'm trying some new gear this year so I hope to have a better season. Most of the techiques you guys use are unheard of here. I tried to buy circle hooks here ,but no one sold them here, got some coming off ebay. Pete Santini sent me a Santini Tube to try{wouldn't take any money, thanks again Pete}. Most people fish with a 2oz weight on the end of the line with a couple of 1 foot leaders hanging down back 1 and 2 feet back from weight. Chunk of mackerel or herring on each hook and throw it out and wait . Anyway, any reports on most northern caught stripers would be great.
Dobb
Old 04-03-2005, 09:34 AM
Striper Hunter

Dobb the Truro he is talking about is on the outer edge of Cape Cod. Great surf fishing for bass and blues all summer long.