New England Boat Show Feb. 18-26 - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 02-13-2006, 06:37 PM

Zim knows all of them because of the restraining orders they have out against him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2006, 09:26 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

hey! i resemble that remark! look who's talkin? ya big palookah! hey cal, if you have kids or know anyone who has kids then you can find a 3 wheeled plastic car with the bubble wheels.if your handy, take pvc pipe and make a square frame that will fit in and out of your truck. weave lawn chair webbbing around the frame or screw a few 1x4's to it . take the wheels and put them on running a long metal rod through pvc and bend the rod so wheels don;'t come off and you got a cart that will roll right over the sand no matter what weight you put on it. they sell what is called (ROLEEZE) carts for 150 biucks but you can make a larger version out of the wheels from a kids trike/

Old 02-14-2006, 06:44 PM
Pro Staff

Hey Tony & Roc. Have you guys figured out yet what day you're goin to tha show? 25th is still lookin like the best for me. Looks like I'll have to work this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2006, 02:16 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1
i know them all well. dude, what's with the sled?
Thats why zim doesn't have a sled. The girls carry his stuff.
Old 02-16-2006, 04:38 PM

The girls carrying Zim's stuff.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

get the girls right knucklehead!

Old 02-18-2006, 01:20 PM
Veteran

You tell them Zim.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:32 AM
Pro Staff

Well,, this got way off topic fast, lol.

I'm goin tomorrow. Anyone else still got plans to go?
Old 02-27-2006, 05:09 PM

Did make it to the boat show on Saturday with the wife. Met up with Bait and his young family. His 17 month old daughter was the best behaved toddler I've ever seen and a real charmer to boot.

Two catagories of boats we looked at were:

Strictly fishing machines that we could take some limited coastal cruises with. In this catagory were the Parkers, Easterns, and Steigercraft. For me, the Steigercraft 21 Deep V won out. For a 21 footer this boat was huge, mainly because of its 8'6" beam and traditional transom. Fit and finish was good (no frills) with seating for 3-4 in the fully enclosed pilot house and a V-berth with port-o-potti. A lot of room in the cockpit with a drop-down rear seat and wave-gate combo. For a 21 footer she looked very seaworthy. With a 225 Zuke 4-stroke all standard for ~43 grand.

For our eventual purchase of a full coastal cruiser/fishing boat combo the Seaswirl 2901 with the Alaska package was our top choice. Amenities for the wife were there. Sleeping arrangements for three, fully enclosed head with hand held shower, microwave, sinks, cooktop with wood and corriader countertop as accents, locking/sliding entrance to below, heat and air-conditioning both below and in the pilot house, great access to all systems, excellent fishing amenities including a large cockpit and ice-chests, bait station and live well, powered by twin 250 yammies... This package really impressed my wife and I with a reasonable cost of $115,000. Nothing else really came close.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Pro Staff

Good to meet you Tony, and your wife. Had a great time.

That 29' Seaswirl sure looked like a heck of a boat. The only thing I didn't care for was the very narrow walkaround to get up to the bow.

We left most of our drool on the Seaswirl 26' WA. For a mid tier boat, I think they've really done a great job on that one. It won out hands down over any other WA's that we looked at between 23-27 feet, including the Grady's which were twice the money.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:43 PM
Veteran

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:05 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went last night. looked at all the boats. And the winner is........
The Eastern I thought it was the best boat for the money. 60.000+ If I was younger I would have bought the 27ft. c.c. with the two outboards, all the other boats were 100.000.00 and up for that size. I liked the 27 ft. with the house. It had nice size windows in the house and you had very good visilibity. It was nice an deep. You could get it with two outboards mounted outside the boat witch made it like a 29 or 30 ft. boat.
WHAT WAS YOUR CHOICE. EASTERN HANDS UP The 24 looked good too. Did you see then D.B.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:08 AM
Pro Staff

Haha,, this morning at breakfast I was thumbing through the brochure I picked up at the Seaswirl booth at the show. You'd think that if you built fishing boats and your brand name was Striper, you'd at least have one photo of a striper in your literature. All the fish that were shown being caught or in the fish boxes were bluefish, lol. Even the one on the cover. There was one king mack on deck in one photo. Not a single striper anywhere, lol. Not that it matters,, just found that humorous, lol. :)
Old 03-09-2006, 10:33 AM
Veteran

Maybe you got someting there. A good striper boat sometimes doesn't draw a lot of water. Maybe it got a big draft.
Old 03-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Pro Staff

The draft on the 2601 w/ twin outboards is 34" with the motors down. Motors up is 18" according to their brochure.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by captcal
Zim, those are great avatars you got.

Cal do you live in littleton. I looked at a house with a big barn last week . It was across form a depot. had a nursry school next to it . Do you know where it is.