Goals Goals Goals - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 01-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Official Member
Pro Staff

Default Re: Goals Goals Goals

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolieboy View Post
I love when people say "that's my spot, I've been fishing it for x number of years." What's your name Henry Hudson? I'm always looking for new spots to fish. Some guys are welcoming, others get offended, but most people just like to hear themselves talk. If I want to fish a spot the only guarantee is getting there first. Even if I've been fishing it for years. Oh yeah, goals. Get back in the surf. Throw more bait and less meat, and make time to take up an invite to the Chesapeake.

you are 100% right if you get there first you have every right to fish it as long as you want, but if you yield that spot to the guy who fishes it day in and day out you may find something even more rewarding
that person may help you to unlock the secrets of the area your fishing
a little respect goes a long way
mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2010, 01:23 AM
Veteran Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyreef View Post
you are 100% right if you get there first you have every right to fish it as long as you want, but if you yield that spot to the guy who fishes it day in and day out you may find something even more rewarding
mike
Very well said.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:51 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyreef View Post
mike
This is VERY true, that is why I was only busting H4W's balls in my post. I COULD get my butt down there before anyone else but I know what it feels like to plan on going fishing only to get to "your spot" and someone else is already there. Yes, these ARE public spots, but if there are regulars, you should respect there space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2010, 11:58 PM
First Mate

We're not talking about taking someones barstool here. It's fishing. I work hard for my fish. I study areas. I search for spots that look fishy and I go fish them. If someone feels I'm in his space, I yeild it. I like the spots that others don't frequent. I like the peace and quiet, the serenity, the positive vibes and the opportunities they yeild. Add others to the mix and you just don't get that. You won't see me at Montauk for stripers or the Salmon River for salmon. Spots like that stink....of people.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:05 PM
Official Member
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolieboy View Post
. You won't see me at Montauk for stripers or the Salmon River for salmon. Spots like that stink....of people.

there are plenty of spots in montauk you wont see another soul even when its crowded
it is commendable you do your work but dont give up on places for reasons like that
i personally found 6 spots in montauk this year that i beat the balls off the fish and saw at most 3 other people in the middle of the fall run
mike
Old 01-30-2010, 11:48 PM
First Mate

When you put it that way, I sound like a little girl when it comes to fishing Montauk...I might have to draw up a bucket list and make sure it's on there. However, I'll alwarys be a girl about the salmon run on the Salmon river.