Where did it go? - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Where did it go?

Quote:
Then again the new owners make more money when page views are up, so why would a great slam thread that would make internet history get deleted?
Angry Marine?
Im the owner here gentlemen. They are partners and dont run the place at all.
Seems like i cant get into stripercoast .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperjim View Post
seems like i cant get into stripercoast . What a bitch that is.
Huh? News to me Jim,,, I'll look into it right now.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:21 PM

The license needs updated and the domains have expired Jake.
They give a grace of 60 days on the domain name.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2009, 09:16 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Yes I killed the tread... that is what moderators do.. especialy when people THAT SHOULD KNOW BETTER ACT LIKE CHILDEREN... inflamatory remarks and wise @$$ statements only bring the site down... my sense of humor gets strained by IDIOTS... I have not patients for stupidity... I've got better things to do than to deal with this nonsense.. GROW UP!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:23 PM

Really
I'm surprised at the lack of respect shown the total newb. Especially from the guys who hated that mentality on other boards and professed their repulsion to it righteously and mightily.
That crap should fly only in a private forum where the juveniles can get drunk and blast away at others. I am glad someone had the good sense to kill that thread.
The other forum the mysql is crashed.
I will have to delve into the code and try to and see what the fix might be. reboot didn't work.
karma... ?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Really
I'm surprised at the lack of respect shown the total newb. Especially from the guys who hated that mentality on other boards and professed their repulsion to it righteously and mightily.
That crap should fly only in a private forum where the juveniles can get drunk and blast away at others. I am glad someone had the good sense to kill that thread.
I will have to delve into the code and try to and see what the fix might be. reboot didn't work.
karma... ?
Karma or just the fact that mysql databases tend to crash pretty frequently!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
karma... ?
No luck yet ?

I feel for you bud, that one crashing just stacked that much more onto your workload.
I think we're going to have to get you out fishing.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Pro Staff

Quote:
Really
Jim,
At least on my part, it was not at all a disrespect for a newb. It was disrespect for a guy who would come on a public forum and offer free illegal drugs and alcohol to anyone who would come fish with him.

Ask Thept (or now Doublerunner), when I see a newb who's head is in the right place and is genuinely interested in learning, I go out of my way to help them out. No disrespect at all. That has not changed, and I do it WAY more than is publicly known. Most of the plugs that I buy, build, or am given have been given away by the end of the season to new guys who are genuinely interested in becoming good sportsmen. MANY times I'll go fishing at night and see a new guy in the parking lot and invite him to come along with me and I'll spend the night teaching, and return to the parking lot in the morning with a much lighter plug bag. Ask 'OfftheBeach',,, he's one of the guys that showed up here after meeting me in a parking lot in the middle of the night somewhere, and spending the rest of the night with me. I've got NO disrespect for someone who is genuinely interested in learning. Over the last 2 years, I've spent thousands of dollars on stuff to give away to newbies who I see have their head screwed on straight, and I have always been one of the first to welcome new guys to this forum.

It was the offering of the drugs and alcohol that put this guy in a whole different category. This guy just wanted to party and kill some bass. I've got no respect for that.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Striper Hunter

I will back up Baitrunner and Gunnysniper on this. They have shown me incredible generosity. And I have stated this in other threads. I am certainly willing to take my share of criticism as a nooB.....as can be attested to my posts on how to revive a fish and PCP's in fish. And I am sure I will take more. And it's all good because even when you are being criticized if you read between the lines there are things you can take from that that will help you. Also, being older and wiser does not hurt. But I did take offense to the original poster's words and also to his smart alec comebacks.

I've got to agree that the original poster was probably fine with what he said up until the alcohol and illegal drugs ( well that now depends on the quantity in Massachusetts ). But I knew the thread was going to blow up as it was just totally inappropriate

Could it have been handled better? Perhaps. But at some points we all snap and just like we give 2nd chances to those who don't know any better we should also give another chance to those who lose their cool. Especially those who take a lot of pride in what they do and don't want their passion to be dis-respected. It happens. Let it go and let's move on

It's fishing and it's supposed to be enjoyable
Old 06-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitrunner View Post
Jim,
At least on my part, it was not at all a disrespect for a newb. It was disrespect for a guy who would come on a public forum and offer free illegal drugs and alcohol to anyone who would come fish with him.

Ask Thept (or now Doublerunner), when I see a newb who's head is in the right place and is genuinely interested in learning, I go out of my way to help them out. No disrespect at all. That has not changed, and I do it WAY more than is publicly known. Most of the plugs that I buy, build, or am given have been given away by the end of the season to new guys who are genuinely interested in becoming good sportsmen. MANY times I'll go fishing at night and see a new guy in the parking lot and invite him to come along with me and I'll spend the night teaching, and return to the parking lot in the morning with a much lighter plug bag. Ask 'OfftheBeach',,, he's one of the guys that showed up here after meeting me in a parking lot in the middle of the night somewhere, and spending the rest of the night with me. I've got NO disrespect for someone who is genuinely interested in learning. Over the last 2 years, I've spent thousands of dollars on stuff to give away to newbies who I see have their head screwed on straight, and I have always been one of the first to welcome new guys to this forum.

It was the offering of the drugs and alcohol that put this guy in a whole different category. This guy just wanted to party and kill some bass. I've got no respect for that.
Even though I have had my differences with you I can say that the above is exactly how you carry yourself.....hell you helped me filet that fish my cousin caught in tauton at 4am......Gunny is exactly the same....Enough said.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baitrunner
It was the offering of the drugs and alcohol that put this guy in a whole different category.
I didnt see that Jake. But Im glad a moderator deleted the thread.

On a similar note
I worked through the code so long that my girlfriend is severely pissed but wtf. Life is diffficult sometimes. You try to communicate and sometimes they dont get it and or not interested.
Oh well. Life goes on. No one here has to convince who they are. 98 % of you guys I love, and respect or admire greatly. 1% suck and 1% have dissappointed me.
The guys I have met from here - most of them were top shelf all the way.
The internet is a funny thing. This is the information age and it has changed things. Actions still speak louder than words.
My best to you guys with the surfcasting club.
I think the newb still needs to be treated with respect.
I was a freekin newb and a downright googan and hadnt a clue. But I did my best to change that and couldnt give a rats ass for those who think that made me inferior some how. We all started out as newbs - some were shown the way and some had to learn the hard way through trial and error. Those that dont want that need to be directed accordingly or shown how. But the bottom line is that no one should get abused. Most go away by themselves . Its like the guy who keeps talking and never shuts up. On and on and on. Chances are - if he keeps it up - eventually he will hear himself and wise up.

Sorry for the rant. Ive had a few beers and the girlfriend went home.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy
No luck yet ?
I feel for you bud, that one crashing just stacked that much more onto your workload.
I think we're going to have to get you out fishing.
I got it back online for them.
I hope to be out after this moon Jerry. I dropped a bike on my leg last week but I can walk. Pretty swollen, and blistered, but not too much pain. I am looking forward to getting out there. I got my rods back from lami finally.
Only I could break two on the same morning.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:16 AM
First Mate

nice job Jim! thanks.
hope to see you back east here somewhere this year.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Striper Hunter

StriperJim great post.

I agree with you that actions speak louder than words.....especially in today's age this is truer than ever

And respect is earned...not given blindly

And yes we all need time to find our way through the forest. Even those of us with lots of experience still hit a tree when navigating our way through
Old 06-08-2009, 01:25 AM
Striper Hunter - Call_me_Ishmael

Quote:
... Life is diffficult sometimes. You try to communicate and sometimes they dont get it and or not interested.
Oh well. Life goes on.
Amen brother!