Fishing before or after the storm on the mack this weekend? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 09-03-2008, 07:38 AM

Default Fishing before or after the storm on the mack this weekend?

What do u think is the best fishing possibilities for this weekend with lots rain and some wind on Sat for the merrimack? I think the 48hrs prior to a big storm and right after a storm with winds. I bet its going to be choopy either way for a while now. Your input is always apperciated.

GO REDSOX, Pats this weekend baby!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 11:25 AM
(formerly brian21johansen)

Default Re: Fishing before or after the storm on the mack this weekend?

I've always heard that fish go into somewhat of a feeding frenzy before a storm....something to do with the rising or falling(I forget which one) of the atmospheric pressure. But then again, after a big storm Stripers are also known to go crazy on clams after the surf breaks them open. If it were me and I had the time I would go fishing non stop from the start to finish of the storm.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:12 PM

I hear ya, Brian. If i had my choice i would too, but I have to decide on before or after, if I want to stay out of divorce court. Tight lines

GO REDSOX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2008, 12:32 PM
Internet Academy

It is very difficult to predict mother nature the storm could be coming directly at your location and at the last minute change its direction, so given that fact it is very important that you keep an eye on the barometric pressure, as soon as the pressure sats to drop its fishing time. By paying attention to the behavior of animals, and birds will also help you in knowing how soon the storm will hit, or even if it's changed its direction. Both animals, and birds, fish, etc.... will act like very crazy about 2 to 4 hrs before a big storm hits their location because they have a natural sence of survival and know when danger is approaching them, and that is prime time for fishing, depending on the conditions of the storm fishing during the storm may very well produce some very large fish, and numbers of fish being caught from surf. Always fish the areas were the surf is at its worst and were the wind is blowing the most, it makes it for VERY dangerous surf fishing (dont do it if you dont have any experience), due to the high surf, and miserable weather, but that is were you will catch your bigger fish and numbers of fish. Fishing after a storm can also be very good, but my favorite time to fish is just before the storm hits, and during the storm. But there are also other factors to consider such as time of year, water temperature, rain, migration etc......I could write a book on this but this should be enough to help you.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:10 PM

i think i might be a little tough to fish anywhere. But im gonna try and see what i can pick up