To keeping this "west coast'' striper page alive! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 06-14-2006, 07:01 PM

Default To keeping this "west coast'' striper page alive!

I noticed that this place gets very few post. Where are the WC striper-hunters?

This post can be about anything in relation to stripers and/or the west coast.

I'll start off by saying I'm young and from the bay area. I'm no proffessional, but I read and fish as much as I can.

To my knowledge the SF bay is kicking out some nice fish. I haven't been out there myself, but I have been to the ocean beach area. I have yet to seen any large schools pass through. Last week I saw a 49'' caught it was plump and perfect. Most of the fish I've caught have been full of sand crabs. I plan to try and use the crabs. Is that the main food source right now? I also want to head somewhere in the bay this weekend, but I'm pressed with schedule issues.

Has anyone been out to the bay for stripers or halibut?

I here that san luis res. is busy during the day as they catch 20-25'' fish. One contact I spoke with caught 4 all on craw dads. Any one been out there or in that area?

What about the delta (rio vista area)? I was there last around ???? oh, say all of last month. In fact, all last month I caught limits with most of the family friends I brought out.

addicted,
eyes and ears backwards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2006, 05:13 AM

san luis res is having okay days with fish averaging 20''. Early morning and late evening are good.

The coast is doing good if your willing to fish a bit for'em. Most of the fish I've caught are around 25-30''. I've plugging, but baits are doing good too.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:07 PM

Hi sraenni Thank You
We cant do anything if the guys dont log in and post.
If they dont post the threads will become archived. Maybe thats better in the long run as less is more as far as forums go.
Its easier to navigate with less forums but if the traffic is there, as it is when the fish are running, we can only hope people will chirp in even if its to say hello.
If it dies Oh well that would suck. We can resurrect it again another day then.
Keep posting, its staying put for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2006, 05:44 PM

Thank's Chief, I guess I'll just go ahead and try to keep this string alive myself. Someone will have to come along eventually.

Anyhow for the bay folks, San Luis reservior is pretty hot right now. Limits are easy at night. The fish arent too big, but they are in numbers.