Best Striper Recipe I've formulated to date - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 08-16-2006, 12:00 PM

Default Best Striper Recipe I've formulated to date

My wife suggested I formulate a striper Marsala/Picante recipe to prepare this weekends catch.

Marinade:
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 tblspoon lemon pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup white wine (Chardonnay)
Juice of 1 lemon

Take the fillets and slice them so that all pieces are about 1/4" thick and sized so that they're easy to flip with a spatula. Marinate them for about 2 hours in the above. (this was a 25 incher)

Batter:
Equal portions of flour and bread crumbs in a large baggy.

Preparation:
Take two pieces of fish at a time and drop them in the baggy with flour/bread crumb mixture and shake. Remove and dip again into the marinade and again into the flour/bread crumb. Do the same double dip with rest of the fish.

In a large non-stick frying pan, heat equal portions of butter (1/8 lb.) and olive oil with a half dozen whole garlic cloves (keep them whole cause you don't want the garlic flavor to overpower the fish as well as you want to be able to remove them easily). Fry fish under high heat until crispy on both sides and remove. Clean fry pan (dispose of garlic). Again heat equal portions of butter and olive oil. Add 1/4 cup fresh parsley, 2 tblspoons fresh chopped basil, 1/2 a white onion finely diced, 1 and a 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, and 1/4 cup white wine (Chardonnay) under low heat until onions are translucent. Add in the juice of one lemon and then add the fish back in, one piece at a time, flipping each one to get them coated on both sides (be careful not to break up the fish pieces). Salt and pepper to taste and you're good to go. Serve with a fresh garden salad and the remaining Chardonnay....may be the best striper recipe I've ever concocted. My wife and I couldn't stop eating it.

BTW, I know it sounds time consuming but it's really not......maybe 30-40 minutes, not counting the marinating.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement