Biddeford Pool - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 06-07-2006, 09:55 PM

Default Biddeford Pool

greetings,

We're going to Biddeford Pool for a few days in late august. Anyone have any suggestions for places, times, strategies? I mostly fish lures.

thanks,

Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Lunker

Time wise i'd fish from between dark and dawn. Depending on the weather, the water should be warm by then, meaning they take off shore for the day , and come back in as the shallow's cool at night. Or they may just stay there and not feed. As for lures, I don't know what your set up is surf/boat/yak. At night go dark and big, in August.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:54 PM
Wishin i was fishin

the biddeford pool has been producing some large fish lately, you can read that at www.kitterytradingpost.com and click on fishing report in the bottom left hand corner...have been some over 40"
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2006, 09:44 AM

I agree that the low light hours are better during that time of year. I prefer just before dawn as the water has had a chance to cool down overnight.

Unless you have a boat, fishing the pool itself would be difficult as there is no legal foot access to the best spots, around the narrow deep channel that allows water in and out.

Also, even with a beach sticker, parking is an issue. With that said the two spots I can recommend are the public beach across from Hadies. Take a walk down there at low tide during the day to view the structure. There's a reef/rock pile just off-shore that depending on your capabilities you may be able to reach. I believe after 5PM you can park in that beaches parking lot even if you don't have a sticker. Also, heading back down that stretch to Fortunes Rocks at the corner where it transitions from a sandy beach to rocks is another good spot. Again, I think you can park along that stretch after 5PM. Both those areas are best fished around high tide.

The only spot I can recommend for fishing the low tide is at the point. But, unless you will be staying within walking distance of that spot or have someone drop you off and pick you up, ya can't get theya from heya....no parking.