Wow, but are we really surprised? - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 12-23-2005, 08:40 AM

I agree with most of what you say Jonny but the Bush families corporate ties with Saudi Arabia has very little to do with the hatred I believe. Long before Bush came to office the hatred begam (Kobar towers, World trade center bombing, Cole attack). I'm sure the ties don't help but I also don't believe much of what I see on T.V. I hate all politicians the same and unfortunately, we have to choose the lesser of the 2 evils every 4 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2005, 08:54 AM

Jim, Jonny...very well said.

"Let him, who is without fault, cast the first stone".

The big question in my mind is who will decide not to throw any more stones.

I saw an older movie the other day on TV and it scared the crap out of me. The plot was....a nuclear weapon was launched from Turkey at the Soviet Union by terrorists. Since Turkey is a NATO country, the Soviet Union, went into a pre-programmed response, firing several missiles at the US. A US ally, seeing that the US was under attacked, launched additional missiles at the Soviet Union....again, another pre-programmed response. Well this thing continued to escalate, even though both the US and Soviet Union's presidents, who were in direct communication, realized the errors that had set-up this scenario.

The point is, when conflict starts on this level, things happen very fast, and trying to stop pre-programmed responses is near impossible when chaos is everywhere.

Joe Jr., I do agree that we owe it to the Iraqi people to complete this thing. Leaving Iraq too soon will only bring the next Saddam to power and start the cycle all over again. However, at some point, and as quickly as possible, we need to bring both sides to the table and once and for all end Middle East aggression. Billions of lives hang in the balance.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDB
Joe Jr., I do agree that we owe it to the Iraqi people to complete this thing. Leaving Iraq too soon will only bring the next Saddam to power and start the cycle all over again. However, at some point, and as quickly as possible, we need to bring both sides to the table and once and for all end Middle East aggression. Billions of lives hang in the balance.
Very well said Tony, I completely agree.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:48 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

you might try the civil liberties union as a place of wmploy! lmao

Old 12-24-2005, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDb
The big question in my mind is who will decide not to throw any more stones
Probably wont happen till their oil runs out. Ignorance will continue to keep em all xenophobic.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:14 AM

Has anyone seen the IFC film called Turtles Can Fly?
"Turtles can fly" won the Golden Shell at San Sebastian and the Silver Bear at Chicago and is the Iranian entry to the Academy for 2004 Foreign Film consideration.
The director comments "In my film, the supporting casts are Bush and Saddam. By contrast, the Iraqi people and the street children play the leading parts.
I wish to dedicate my film to all the innocent children in the world - the causalities of the policies of dictators and fascists".
-Bahman Ghobadi

Awesome film. English subtitles
Old 12-28-2005, 08:23 AM

I do remember hearing about that movie Jim, quite a while ago actually. I'll have to see if blockbuster has it. I hope it's not too depressing.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:26 AM

Cable in demand had it Tony. It is a bit depressing. Sad really. These kids would sweep the landmines and then sell back the unexploded ones. Many were missing limbs.