Tred Barta - get over yourself !!! - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:51 PM

JB Roland Martin kicks ass! he is my #1 favorite i have his autograph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2006, 11:53 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

goin out tomorrow night for the bass and will be screaming at them. takin the fly rod so's i can really snap! get the net ready! hey tony, i would never fish without a survival suit with you. you might crash into a rock looking at all the guys asses!

Old 05-08-2006, 08:01 AM

Here we go with a$$e$ again, .

And yes, I've hit a few rocks....nothing so bad that you'd need a survival suite. However, for you Zim, I'd make an exception. :)
Old 05-09-2006, 12:08 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

you need a fish my brotha! i still love ya man! wish i was coming up this summer. may get up with jim 3rd week of june. will see

Old 05-09-2006, 07:48 AM

I've already caught over 30 bass so far this season. To bad they're large mouth and not striped. Everything has been less than 1 1/2 lbs. The season is just starting. Sunfish have just bedded and my guess is the large mouth will soon follow....maybe another 1-2 weeks at most. Since we live on a pond here in MA, I have no problem getting out to fish for a couple hours at least 3 times a week.

I'm still predominantly a LMB guy that dabbles in stripers and other salties on our weekends and vacations in Maine. That will all change when we retire to Maine next year.

I was telling a Maine buddy about this forum last weekend stating that I'd like to get a bunch of you up to Maine to fish. He said you better get a new boat before you do or they'll all laugh at your lake boat. He hurt my feelings....you guys wouldn't laugh at my wittle wed boat....would ya?

Is the 3rd week in June the tenative northern invasion date?
Old 05-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

it is the only time i will be able to attempt it and quite frankly funds are low as this trip to hawaii is gonna bleed me dry. i doubt i will get QUALITY fishing in but i really just need the break and if i fish it would be a plus. i just wanna soak in the rays on a hammock and chill. some how i will try to swing it. i would praise your wed boat and bring my survival suit to boot.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:11 AM

Those "free vacations" will get ya one way or the other. On a free trip to Key West, we ended up buying a time share there for $12,000.

Sometimes you just have to treat yourself to the finer things in life. My recommendation is when there, do everything you want to do....well, in your case Zim, maybe not everything. :)
Old 05-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

that;'s just wrong. but i hear ya. i think the misses will let me check out the hula girls

Old 07-16-2006, 05:13 PM

I watched his show for the first time this morning.
Fishing for BFT off of shinnecock. I think the episode was the
best and worst of Tred Barta.
I can see why you think he's a jerk. His personality is a
little odd and he seems to have alienated the old timers away from him.
The guy can fish though. Before following the scallop draggers
he went dumpster diving for scallop waste for use as chum.
One period he went two hours without a fish and then banged a pot
in the water saying it would imitate the draggers clanging sound.
Wouldnt you know right after he has another fish on. Although he
did switch to whiting off of the bottom he's convinced it was the pot banging. Amuzing. I thought.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:45 PM

This is from oln tv
OLN presents The Best and Worst of Tred Barta Fridays at 9 pm et/pt . It's different from any other field sports show on TV . Barta doesn't believe in hunting or fishing the easy way -- he stalks elk with handmade wooden arrows and wrestles tuna. It'll be up-close, as - it - really happens hunting and fishing -- the good, the bad and the Barta . Tred's got the credentials, and you probably know about his long-running Sport Fishing column , but he's got his own way of doing things. We want to know what you think. Like it or hate it .
Let us know at [email protected]
Old 07-16-2006, 07:02 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

I respect his accomplishments, and he can fish.

But he seems like one of those guys who cant be told anything, already knows everything about anything, and even if you're agreeing with him...he will still find a way to disagree with you to make you feel "wrong".

Old 05-22-2009, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Tred Barta - get over yourself !!!

He needs prayers right now.

On his way to Alaska to tape his TV show, Tred Barta suffered a rare occurrence called a spinal stroke affecting his T2-T10 vertebrae. Since there are only 12 of these Thoracic bones, that’s a very large area. He is currently paralyzed from just below the chest down. Prognosis is way up in the air at the moment. Some medicos predict permanent paralysis while others have given him up to a 60-percent chance of at least partial recovery. His message to everyone is… “Don’t take a single second of your life for granted.”
Old 05-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Pro Staff

I heard about this the other day. He's a fighter,,, hopefully he can make a full recovery. I wonder what brought it on...
Old 06-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Banned

Watching Tred's show is amusing for sure.....I do enjoy watching him catch Tuna on 20# line.....yeah he's a bit extroverted but lots of people are....at the very least he doesn't call product shots ever 15 seconds like Roland does......when I was a kid I enjoyed watching Roland's show but now its shameless plug after shameless plug for every damn thing he uses..... Bill Dance>Roland Martin....Bill catches fish and still manages to hurt himself so frequently that they actually did a bloopers episode on him!!!! Wait moreover Larry Dalberg owns all of them...there is a laid back guy that can catch....the hunt for big fish has got to be one of the finest fishing shows out there....
Old 06-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Gulp! smells funny

Tred Barta might be annoying...and a jerk, but he is real. That is how Tred REALLY is. On camera or not, thats him.

Now take Roland Martin. He is the BIGGEST a-hole. Ever! I have never met a more self-centered egotistical waste of skin and space than that Piece of Shite.

2 examples.

1. I was helping out a a BASS tourney on the Hudson when I was a younger fella. I had been asking a few guys for autographs, and they were all more than happy to give'em. Gary Klein. Rich Zaleski. Ricky Green. They were all friendly. Then I made the mistake of asking Roland Martin. He told me "get the hell out of my way kid, I ain't got time for the garbage".

2. I was fishing with a friend and his wife up on the St. Lawrence. He was practicing for a BFL tourney. He happened to have met Roland Martin earlier that day at a sponsor booth, and told him he was on fish. Well guess who shows up while we were out there. My buddy and Roland talk for a second, and then his wife asked Roland for an autograph, and he goes "listen hun, the guys are talking important fishing stuff right now, why don't you go back to knitting".

And here is one more example. The man cares about nothing more than the almighty dollar. Why else would he put his name behind this piece of garbage?

https://www.spindirect.com/product_o...0c0444f9f9421f

BTW jon006, right on about Larry Dahlberg. He is THE man.