Createx clear - gloss or matte? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Plugs and Plug Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Plugs and Plug Building This is our lure and plug building forum.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:18 AM
Veni, vidi, piscori

Default Createx clear - gloss or matte?

What do you use - Createx gloss top coat or Createx matte top coat? Or are both needed depending on what your doing? Not as a final top coat but as part of the painting process like to add depth or as a scratch coat or to lock in paint work so if you make a mistake you can wipe it off and try again without messing up the good parts below.

Got a brush and want to get some but don't know which to get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2009, 09:06 AM
LunkHead

Default Re: Createx clear - gloss or matte?

I'd like to try the Createx clear gloss, but I can't find any. I have found a spray can from work labeled "acrylic spray gloss clear", it's a sample marked for graphics use only. It has acetone in it though.....
I want to use it to cover the base paint job before doing the fine detail stuff, where I so often screw up a good paintjob.

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 01-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Veni, vidi, piscori

Default Re: Createx clear - gloss or matte?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed White View Post
I'd like to try the Createx clear gloss, but I can't find any. I have found a spray can from work labeled "acrylic spray gloss clear", it's a sample marked for graphics use only. It has acetone in it though.....
I want to use it to cover the base paint job before doing the fine detail stuff, where I so often screw up a good paintjob.
Google dixieart. Click airbrush colors from the list of words at the top. Then click createx main page then createx mediums and look for matte top coat and gloss top coat.