Lake Monroe 9-21-2008 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Indiana Stripers and Wipers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 09-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Wiper Guru

Default Lake Monroe 9-21-2008

Put in at Hardin Ridge Ramp at 4:15 p.m. and concentrated on the lower end of the lake for Hardin Ridge to the dam. Caught a 5.0 pounder trolling a chartreuse Slab Spoon across the opening of Hardin Ridge. It was a 1.0 oz spoon that was trolling at about 12 foot down and the fish took it in about 18 feet of water. Caught another one while casting at Sugar Creek; this one came on the same lure, but in only about 8-10 feet of water. I was back up at the beach area near Fairfax just after sundown and was about to quit for the day. Had my lights up and the poles put away when I noticed the splashing. I ran to the splash out in the bay and started casting. All the fish in the school were 7.0 pounders or larger. I caught 4 or 5 oout of the school while it lingered in the area, smashing at the shad and throwing them out of the lake. I don't remember seeing such a concentration of fish in that size range before. It was a delight!

They quit after about a half hour, but what a wonderful fury it was while it lasted. I came off the lake about 8:30 pm. and was the last car out of the parking lot.

I didn't keep any fish and all of them appeared to be in great shape when I released them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Lake Monroe 9-21-2008

Your posts always give me hope.

I was fly fishing off the dam last night (21st) until dark. Caught a couple small wiper, 10-12", and a decent largemouth. A big school of wiper moved across almost the entire width of the lake just on the dam side of the buoys blowing up on the surface starting around 7:30pm. They were big fish. There were 2 dudes in a bass boat who caught at least one big one.

Wish I had a boat.

Do you know when they stop charging the entrance fee to Fairfax?
Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 PM

Good to hear they are still doing it Slowetrieve. Sounds like a great day again for you.

I am planning on fishing Friday and Sunday. I may try to go on Saturday as well. I haven't got that worked out just yet though. I want to get in some time before deer season.

Are you planning on being on the water this weekend?? Anyone else going to be out??
Old 09-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Wiper Guru

This weekend I may be there but cannot say for sure. My granddaughter is scheduled to come into this worderful life today, but of course that's the doctor's schdule and not necessarily hers. I am going to try to go down Thursday afternoon or Friday afternoon. I have a Bass Tracker Pro 185 and there are usually two of us aboard. My hat is always a boonie and my shirt is always a T shirt. In all probability I will be on the lower end of the lake from about Hardin Ridge down. What boat's yours? I'll come by and say hi if I'm not on the road to Asheville NC for the birth.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:31 PM

I have a white with dark red decals Hurricane Deck boat. It has the fish package with a deck in the front and a deck on the back. The name on the boat is "Come Monday". I am always on channel 68 if you want to talk or simply stop by if you see me out. I usually launch at Fairfax and I'm just about always between the beach and the dam on one side of the lake or the other.

I hope all goes great with the new one!!!!
Old 09-24-2008, 04:10 PM
Wiper Guru

Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for you when I'm down next.

And good luck with your fishing.