Mt Hope Bay Article - Fisherman Magazine - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 04-21-2005, 08:29 AM

Default Mt Hope Bay Article - Fisherman Magazine

Charlies Soares has a nice article in this weeks fisherman magazine that is worth checking out if you are interested in fishing the area for large bass and spring run stripers.

Two spots I can comment on would be the Kickmuit River and Brayton Point area. The Kicky is a hot spot for bait and I was there the other day marking lots of bait in the water just inside the rip that forms through the channel. I marked some larger fish (schoolies ?) but no hook ups !

Like Charlie Soares said you don't have to head to open ocean to hook up with big stripers they can be found inside these protected waters.

Fish on !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Checked out the area in the article today

Had the day out of work so this afternoon I headed out wit my son to check out the spots mentioned in the article. We are trying to scout out spots we see on the charts and find our own hot spots, anyway it was worth a look at since it was nice and flat on the water.

The water in the area of the Power Plant is already in the mid 50's and I'm sure will only get warmer. I marked a bunch of fish but then again there are tons of jelly fish so I'm not sure if I was getting a false reading.

The area is pretty nice with lots of potential for trolling a few small river openings and some deep water channels all with in 5 minutes. I fished this area with my brother in-law on his boat and have hooked up.

We can not wait till the bass are in strong.. talk about itchy ..we just cruise around looking for spots to come back to on a warmer day
Old 04-21-2005, 11:03 PM

Cuz thats some excellent camera work. Nikon cool Pix or slr. Im guessing its a digital cause its uploaded already. Nice open shade and framing. You know your way around cameras I see.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Love to take pictures... but would take one of a cow bass :)

I have a 7 megapixel but I seem to get better results with my C4040 5.1 Megapixel. I always take the 4040 with me no matter where I go and my wife plays with the other 7 megapixel which was my dads that he won in some type of contest ,but he doesn't like anything digital lol.

I love to take pictures now I just need one of my son with his first cow bass

I bought my mom a cool pix for Christmas and you know she has never touched it since I showed her how to use it. I really liked that camera also and for the money it really has some nice features and good quality. When I bought my 4040 I think we paid 1300.00 witha extra goodies, they have really come down since then. I did just get a nice Sony DVD Camcorder, it's the highest quality the offer now and that takes awesome movies and pictures.