line question - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:41 PM
First Mate

Default line question

Has anyone ever used shakespear cajun advantage line? I was about to order it but I figured I would ask you guys first and see what your thought are. I was going to get it in 15 and 20lbs to use for stripers and fluke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2007, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: line question

ive used cajun before its good line but you have to change it alot because of abrasion resiestence you are probebly better off with p line it is made with copolymer its great thats what i use .it depends where you are going to fish
good luck fishing
Old 04-07-2007, 10:25 PM

That's two votes for P-line, the best monofilament on the market IMO, Gamma is pretty good as well. Fireline Crystal which is somewhate new is very good as well, I had the pleasure of using that the other day, its much much smoother then the original smoke colored stuff and casts like a dream with the same small diameter and abrasion resistance I love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2007, 03:37 AM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

The one thing about the Cajun line is that it is stiff, as opposed to P-line. I have Cajun line as well as copolymers. It depends on the reel as well. I won't use Cajun on spinners, but say on a 155 it'll work. I use P-line on my Abu's with success. Black Widow mono is supple as well as Spiderline mono. It all come down to preference.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:25 AM
First Mate

thanks guys. P line it is.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-kube
Fireline Crystal which is somewhate new is very good as well, I had the pleasure of using that the other day, its much much smoother then the original smoke colored stuff and casts like a dream with the same small diameter and abrasion resistance I love.
Hi Kevin
Good to see you online again. I want to try the fireline crystal out myself. I tried to get some off the berkely rep but he was out of it.
He says it eliminates the need for the flouro leader.

3 votes for pline. I use the flourocated pline on the freshwater setup and its performed as good as I could want it to.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:44 PM

I see why he would say it eliminate the need for fluro but I think he's exaggerating a bit. However it is the smoothest line to date I've ever seen, same as fluro almost except not transparent. Using smoke, I get 15% better casts on my lightweight gear, and using the crystal I got about 25%. I'm switching over all my spinning gear pretty soon here (the ones I cast on, not my chumming sticks, those will stay P-Line).

It's been a while, but Striper season called me back, this weather we've been having is CRAZY! I was out fishing last weekend and got sunburned in 80 degree weather, and it snowed two days ago, and I had to rewinterize some things!