boat trailer / 2wd questions [OT?] - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Albemarle Sound
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Albemarle Sound A forum for the Albemarle sound guys

Old 01-04-2015, 02:12 AM
Striper Hunter

Default boat trailer / 2wd questions [OT?]

Greetings,

currently i have a 94 cobalt 200 (bow rider) that i use for mostly fishing, i launch in the chowan, perquimans, elizabeth city and sound bridge ramps(and occasionally the huntington park ramp in NN).

I have a 2013 f150 2wd v6 (309 HP) with towing package

i'm looking at upgrading to a cuddy cabin, or something that has a wrap around cockpit with hard top. One of the boats i'm looking at is a 24' 1989 bayliner with a rebuilt mercruiser v8.

aside from the steep soundbridge ramp, am i going to have any problems not having the 4x4?

capacity on the truck (for towing) is around 6,700 lbs.

the dry weight on the cobalt is ~ 2800, the dry weight on the bayliner is ~ 3800.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2015, 03:14 PM
Pro Staff

Default Re: boat trailer / 2wd questions [OT?]

I think if the ramp isn't slick or sandy you'd be OK.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Striper Hunter

Brian,

on some of these wildlife boat ramps I have had to lock in my 4X4 in to get my boat up because of the dirt and loose rocks. you will be limited on where you will be able to put out. went out in the river last Friday and limited out. caught them all in one spot. have you been back out since we went?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2015, 07:35 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAPRO22 View Post
Brian,

on some of these wildlife boat ramps I have had to lock in my 4X4 in to get my boat up because of the dirt and loose rocks. you will be limited on where you will be able to put out. went out in the river last Friday and limited out. caught them all in one spot. have you been back out since we went?
Ya, went out about 4 times after that in the sound, and twice in the Chesapeake bay, didnt even get a nibble. I did manage to not pay attention and drift too close to a structure and snap off the hydrofoil...

i'm done until spring, if i'm not going to be landing any fish, i would rather be warm...