On "Hold-Out" aka "Pullin' a T.O." lol - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 05-03-2005, 12:46 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Default On "Hold-Out" aka "Pullin' a T.O." lol

Ok guys, I been on "Hold-Out" since yestahdee. I decided to pull a Terrell Owens. Have a few residential customers and one small business contract that have decided not send me payment for my work. Love it! Workin' fa free!!!! I was supposed to continue work at the small business yesterday, but refused to go in and provide any more of my services until I recieved payment for the 2 weeks previous. They are 2 weeks behind and I have gotten nothing from them. NO MONEY, NO WORK!!! I'm afraid thats the way it has to be now lol.

What do you guys think? Am I right in finally taking a stand? Or should I have given in and continued to work without being paid? It says right on my service contracts in bold black letters...."PAYMENT DUE UPON COMPLETION OF SERVICES". I completed 2 different jobs, they send me payment, then they want me to return to start another project.

In your opinion, who is on ACID here? Me, or the people who get work done for them and pay?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2005, 03:49 PM

Default JB

JB Sometimes people pay their bills on a monthly basis. I usually give it a month or more. But you get a feel for who may be a deadbeat and who isnt. In a service business like yours it is wise to collect on completion of service otherwise you are more inclined to get screwed. My 2c.

Ps. T.O. is holdin out for more money than his stated contract. cause his agent "screwed him" what a moron.
Old 05-04-2005, 12:36 PM

I agree with Striper Jim. You have to go with your gut..... I run a Propane sales and service location for a large company. Now you can say it's not my money. But, I do take it seriously. Some times some folks have no $$$$, but, the need a fuel delivery. I try to feel the customer out. But, I do have my limits. I'll only give so much.
Good luck bro......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2005, 12:58 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Ya gotta get paid for what ya do,small buisnesses just cant afford to carry slackers, no pay...no work!

If someone wants me to repair their boat or lawn equiptment,I have money in parts,I cant afford to be the bank,when the job is done I expect payment.

But like Striper Jim and MrBuster both said,you have to know/feel out the customer...Tell 'em pay up or sleep wit da fishes!!!!

Good luck collecting
Rock
Old 05-04-2005, 03:21 PM

Jon, Roccus said it all. You goota eat man.......
Old 05-05-2005, 10:26 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Ya, great posts :) I finally got paid by 2 out of 3. So now I'm just waitin on 1 dope lol.

Thing with me is, I built my customer base on nothing......no loans, no debt, no nuthin'. All out of my pocket. So like Joe, I have money in parts etc., and also cant afford to be a bank. I built a clientele with zero capital, so didnt "deepen my pockets" like some small businesses do. I make alot more than I did before I did this lol, but sometimes I also dont get the hours I used to. 50 bux an hour is great, but some weeks when its dead I only work 5 to 10 hours, and I have gone weeks with ZERO hours lol. So I cant afford to be giving away several hours of free service.

It's weird some people fully respect me for my knowledge and are so appreciative that I helped them at a rate half of every other competitor. But there's the few that have zero respect, think it's like a big joke or something lol, but STILL want solutions to their problems. It's hilarious. This is a good one........last Summer, around August I think, I had this wanna-be Italian gangster guy call me up, he ran a real estate office down in Mass.......he was telling me how his network was down and none of the people in the office could be productive and the whole world was crumbling lol. I told him that I am a 1 man operation, and was already commited to contract work that morning and afternoon, and I then told him I could be in there first thing in the next morning. Oh my god.....the guy almost EXPLODED on the phone and started mouthing off to me and basically gave me the "thats fine, I need someone here TODAY! I'LL FIND SOMEONE ELSE!!!" Click. Hung up on me. LMAO. I was laughing my ass off at how this guy acted like a total infantile buffoon. Supposedly a "business man", acting like that lol, with his wanna-be gangster voice. Talkin' to me like he can have me offed at any given moment. What a jerk-off. But here's the great thing!..........next morning I get a call, around 11 AM (not sure why he waited this long, considering his "whole network was down"), its him, almost BEGGING me to come down and help him. "You're my guy" he kept saying. Why? Because he called around and realized that I charge exactly half what every other place or person does. At that time I had plenty of work to keep myself busy, so I told him "too late" LMFAO! "I'm already booked up solid with small business contract work". See ya!

WOOOHOOHOHOOOHOOHOOOOO

Old 05-05-2005, 05:04 PM

:twisted: STICK UM SHOOT UM STICK UM SHOOT UM...........That is the question Jonny me boy. :twisted:

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS OWN DOMAIN 8)