Lamiglass - Page 3 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Rods And Custom Rod Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rods And Custom Rod Building Discuss on fishing rods & on custom rod building here. Saltwater and freshwater Rods

Old 04-06-2010, 09:50 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Lamiglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
I was thinking about adding the mojo to the arsenal as well for the upcoming year. That 10'6" MSS106MM2 is a nice moderately priced rod I like the idea of a 10'6 rod in that 1-4 range.
I picked up the 10' due to putting a very light reel on it. I had tried both and liked the way the 10 felt better. I had a chance also to throw a few different plugs and even just weight. Man I love this thing and it feels about 1/2 the weight of my xs101ms. Oh and with the micro guides this thing casts a mile. These are the same guides that the Legend has on it

It's a great rod for the money
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Rubber Shad Ex-spert

I picked up a ron arra blank for cheap: $105. I bought some super nice guides and a good seat too. Altogether I think it was $230, un-assembled. I have a few more wraps to go, and I'm done. This was a two day miracle! I really just threw it together as a fast as a I can.

You can really get what you want if you build your own. This project for example is going to be my lite tackle setup. It's got an abu c3 reel 5500 series on it. The reel is so small, but narrow frame helps with the casting distance.

I'm the last person on this site that can speak with authority on 'custom rod building.' what I do is more like 'home-made rod building', but they work great! Some day I'm going to stop being lazy, and make a little video series on how to make fiberglas rods.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Striper Hunter

If I knew how to build rods this sickness would have no ends and I'd have a collection of them sitting around lol. I do have to mess around and find a 8-9' fast action rod that I could cast say 1 oz a mile though and still have some back to it to haul a decent sized striper in through the current.