question for da jigman - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 10-27-2004, 08:04 PM

Default question for da jigman

hey whats up Jigman? I have a friend that lives next door and he fixes my computer probs and sometimes i drag him fishing .....but he does some kind of plating in the company that he owns and i guess a customer he talks to gave him this thing the other day and he handed over to me, not knowing what it is.

Like i said before, i dont jig at all, never have. This thing he gave me, and i guess he says he's gonna get me some more, is called a.......

ZINGAMAJIG BY ZING....Its 13oz and resembles a squid i think. it fits in your hand like a knife handle if you were to pick it up. copper or bronze color...over lead.

What the hell is it for? looks like something you would Jig off of a boat with in deep waters. a hole at each end, obviously for a hook at one end and a tieoff at the other...please explain oh mighty Jigman hahaha.

thanks man.

:twisted: craig aka briggs :twisted:

aka surfcastermaster

8) MASTER OF HIS DOMAIN 8)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Veteran

Sounds like a cod jig
Old 11-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Jigologist

I aint mighty by any way shape or form.. but it sounds like just a heavyass jig weight applied as you decribed...

I used to have a big bastid I called the "door stop" that was nothing more then a hunk of lead with a treble hook at rear.. caught a boat-load of fish on that thing... had no color other then lead grey... gonna make some this winter..

post a pic of that bad boy!..
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Veteran

You do a good job jigman. You answer all topics fast. good moderator
Old 11-03-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Jig man

I used one aboard a charter boat a bunch of years ago. It looked like I could iron my shirt with it. The mates told me to drag it along the bottom really slow. I told them it looked like the ankor. :P
Monkeyed around with it for a while with no luck. :oops:
Old 11-15-2004, 09:11 PM

Jigman, I know what your talkin' 'bout! Down here we call em' "Trout Bombs". You take an inline trolling sinker, put a treble with feathers or bucktail on one end, and tie off the other end....they paint em all kindsa crazy colors, the sea trout love the damn things.