Virgin Striper Trip. Need Advice. - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Arkansas
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 09-15-2004, 01:31 AM

Default Virgin Striper Trip. Need Advice.

My brother and I will be visiting Norfolk for the first time on Sat, Sept 18th. Can the folks in this chat room give me some advice and some "sure things" we can do and should be doing to hit some fish whether they are big or small?

Our plan is to fish all day basically. Be there early in the am take a break mid day and fish into the evening.

I understand already to stay with a few miles of the dam, but are there any particular sections of water we should concentrate on and what are the most common baits being used this time of year?

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2004, 06:48 AM

Welcome to the board RBJ

Give us a little more to work with. Do you mean lake Norfork Arkansas or Norfolk Virginia?
Your profile doesnt give a location. :) If its Arkansas The division of fisheries says that stripers feed exclusively on Gizzard and threadfin shad and not much else.

One tip : some anglers in Arkansas will cut the gizzard out of the shad and hook just the gizzard. :D