What's Your Favorite Striper Recipe - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge > Recipes
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Recipes Cooking your catch. Post your favorite recipes here!

Old 05-16-2009, 11:51 AM
TRUE GRIT Off Shore Fishing Team

Default What's Your Favorite Striper Recipe

What's Your Favorite Striper Recipe,

Well how you gonna cook em up?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2009, 12:21 PM
2014 stripers caught - 0

Default Re: What's Your Favorite Striper Recipe

i like them 2 ways...either will dip filets in egg, then put breadcrumbs on and pan fry them with lemon...the other way i put filets on foil, add garlic, butter, lemon and put it on the grill for about 25mins
Old 05-16-2009, 01:18 PM
TRUE GRIT Off Shore Fishing Team

This is my favorite, but yours sounds tasteee too!

South Carolina Striped Bass

Striped Bass Fillets

1 cup white corn meal

1 cup all purpose flour

2 cups buttermilk

2 teaspoons of hot sauce

Lemon Pepper seasoning, or any of the following: Calabash, Old Bay, Cajun or any other type you like to taste.

Directions:

1. Preheat oil in fryer or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.

2. Cut bass into nuggets, place in a bowl with buttermilk & hot sauce and allow to soak (refrigerated) for at least four hours.

3. Pour off liquid, but do not rinse fish.

4. Combine corn meal and flour in a zipper top plastic bag.

5. Add fish pieces to the flour mixture a few at a time, shaking bag regularly to coat.

6. Remove fish nuggets and carefully place into hot oil. (I use canola/olive oil mixed)

7. Fry for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.

8. Remove from oil, drain, and sprinkle with the seasoning of choice.

Note use can substitute any of theses for the flour mixture with great results Tempura flour, Panko Crums, Corn Flakes, and even Instant mashed potato Flakes

Last edited by True Grit; 05-16-2009 at 01:20 PM. Reason: added info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2009, 02:02 PM
Veteran Elite

Filet striper remove all bones and skin. 1) Dice fine four large cloves of garlic and about an ounce of fresh ginger. 2) melt about two-three ounces of butter (not some fake butter) in large frying pan, add garlic and ginger. 3) cover fillets on both sides with flour gently shake off excess. 4) when garlic and ginger starts to brown over med. heat add fillets. 5) chop four green onions (scalions). 6) season fillets with salt and fresh ground pepper as fillets are browning on one side, flip gently and add green onions. Brown other side. 7) Serve on warm platter drizzeled with contents of frying pan and Kikoman soya sauce. Bon appetit!!!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Gulp! smells funny

I do a boneless/skinless fillets, and then meticulously remove any bit of dark meat off the fillet...I then split each fillet in two length wise, to remove any bones or darkmeat remaining along the lateral line.

From there, I cut each half fillet in half again to make it more managable in size. From there I double dip the fillets in milk then breading breading then put them in the oven for 23 minutes @ 350, then under the broiler for 2 or 3 minutes.

For the breading, I use 1 cup bread crumbs, and then to that I add 2 tablespoons parmesean cheese, 2 teaspoons each of garlic powder and minced onions, 1/2 teaspoon each of italian season, salt, and fresh ground pepper.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Young salt

Quote:
Originally Posted by alewive View Post
I do a boneless/skinless fillets, and then meticulously remove any bit of dark meat off the fillet...I then split each fillet in two length wise, to remove any bones or darkmeat remaining along the lateral line.

From there, I cut each half fillet in half again to make it more managable in size. From there I double dip the fillets in milk then breading breading then put them in the oven for 23 minutes @ 350, then under the broiler for 2 or 3 minutes.

For the breading, I use 1 cup bread crumbs, and then to that I add 2 tablespoons parmesean cheese, 2 teaspoons each of garlic powder and minced onions, 1/2 teaspoon each of italian season, salt, and fresh ground pepper.

Hmmm, under the broiler ya say, that's something I havent tried yet.......that must give the bredding a nice crunchy texture, sounds awesome, I'll give it a whirl this season. I usually just melt a 1/2 stick of butter, then cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juices into that and brush it onto the fillets. Season with salt, fresh ground pepper and Old Bay on both sides, then cook on medium-high heat in a frying pan with a little E.V.O.O. and fresh minced garlic & chopped onion. Very simple and absolutely delcious. Tight lines fellas.

StriperHyper ~ Will
Old 05-20-2009, 08:05 PM

https://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=3753

I like it just grilled. Or with beer batter.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Official Member

Delectable Pan Fried Stripers

Ingredients:

•Striped bass fillets (cut in uniform size one inch chunks).
•One egg
•Finely crushed cracker crumbs - Club, Waverly Wafers, Saltines, or Ritz
•One tablespoon flour
•One cup vegetable oil

Preparation:

•Cut fillets into one inch chunks. Smaller fillets can be cut into thirds.
•Remove red meat from larger filets during preparation process. The key is to have all chunks of uniform thickness for even cooking.
•Beat egg until scrambled and add fish. Stir fish with fork until evenly coated with egg
•Place cracker crumbs in plastic bag. Add flour to crushed cracker crumbs to prevent crumbs from clumping. Place fish chunks in bag and shake to coat with cracker crumb mixture.
•Season to taste with salt and pepper, lemon pepper or favorite spices.

Cooking:
•Pan Fry in hot oil (375˚) turn to brown on opposite side, when golden brown on both sides fish is ready to eat.

Enjoy
Old 06-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Striper Hunter

I like to put in foil with olive oil, Soul seasoning or Old Bay, salt and pepper on the fire.....also like fried but I had Striper salad at my best friends (have to give credit to Captain Cathy) she made cold sandwiches with striper made just like tuna salad with romaine lettuce and tomato.....they were so good!!!! She cooked the Striper, shredded it with a fork, added mayo, onion, celery, a little pickle on toasted whole grain bread and made a delicious cold striper salad sandwich....yum!!!