Raystown help - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Pennsylvania's Lakes, Rivers and Impoundments
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 05-14-2009, 12:37 PM

Default Raystown help

Hi Guys. Hitting Raystown from 05-18-09 through 05-22-09 to fish for Stripers. We rented a houseboat and are going to live on the lake for a week. We also have a fishing boat and two kayaks. Just looking for some general information on best places or areas to start. We are launching out of Seven Points Marina. I was looking at the map and was thinking the Stripers would be heading south this time of year towards the Raystown Branch of the river but i'm just guessing, we have no experience here. Actually never caught a Striper before and wanted to try for years, finally getting a chance. If no one wants to give up any information, even a baitshop to check in at when we get there would be helpful. Thanks......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2009, 01:38 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Raystown help

Stripers are all over the lake right now,I will be on the lake this comming weekend(5-16).If you are launching outta 7 points, i would drop lines as you come out to the main lake, then pull live bait along the no wake bouys,I am going to be between James creek boat ramp and the dam, thats is the only 14 miles of the lake I will cover this weekend. i will be getting my bait (gizzard Shad, and alwives) by James Creek and Snyders Run.Good luck to ya.
Jim
Old 05-15-2009, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Raystown help

Thanks Jim.......