The Cumberland river - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Kentucky
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 04-08-2009, 02:40 PM

Default The Cumberland river

I'm hearing a lot about Lake Cumberland and I was wondering about the Cumberland river. In KY there's 2 Cumberland rivers I know of .....1 tail waters Lake Berkly the other tail waters lake Cumberland.

The Lake Berkly spillway looks pretty interesting. It looks to be at least 15 or 20 miles down stream to the Ohio River. I'm told the Ohio is well stocked with stripe and wondering how many schools found this clear water inlet on their way up to do the nasty.

Can anyone help with additional information?

Thanks in advance
Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: The Cumberland river

I cant tell you anything about the spillway below Barkley Dam but I can tell you that the spillway below Ky Dam is full of white Bass and Stripers from now until late fall. Three pound whiteys and 15 pound Stripers are not uncommon. Tight lines.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Official Member

Default Re: The Cumberland river

Cumberland river below lake cumberland will yield much bigger fish (state record of 58# was tied last year and the fish was released). The will be true stripers making their way up from TN. Below barkley is a mixed bag, with higher % of whites and hybrids. The Ohio in my opinion can be tricky. For me the most reproducable patterns are on Lake Cumberland vs any of the river's. Fluctuating current and levels keep me on the Lake.

- Good luck.