Looking to join hudson river striper club - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 03-27-2010, 09:28 AM
Striper Hunter

Location: N.Y.S. out side of kingston ny in olivebridge rt 28
Default Looking to join hudson river striper club

Looking to join a striper club here in the hudson valley is there a club me and my friend can join,? live out side of kingston ny,trying to learn how to get some good striper fishing this season. we need hands on learning possible club will do the trick.
THANKS HERMAN ,EMAIL [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 10:08 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Looking to join hudson river striper club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerherm View Post
Looking to join a striper club here in the hudson valley is there a club me and my friend can join,? live out side of kingston ny,trying to learn how to get some good striper fishing this season. we need hands on learning possible club will do the trick.
THANKS HERMAN ,EMAIL [email protected]
If you can make the seminar that is being held today, that is a GREAT place to go for new people starting out. Lots of great info plus they serve food, all for $20.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Striper Hunter

hey Gunner
that would have been great but i just got back at 3 pm from Catskill NY went to the river basin sport shop picked up some supples,and i ask the guy who runs the shop there about if there was a striper bass fishing clubs around here he said no there was none that he knows of. i went to one striper hearing in the VFW club two years ago also one in the boat show in NYC this year,we need hands on to learn what we are doing wrong we went out last year about 15 times and still no stripers, we tried trolling ,with bombers chunk Herring blood worms ,clams shrimp sand worms ,tried the tubes with blood worms,fished off a boat all this time.then by the bridge in Kingston,on the shore. we got to be doing some wrong still no fish.??? well we are getting the boat ready for this season will try again we have a boat thats going in Saugerties, i am also getting my 19 ft star craft islander ready to try again. we pick up at the boat show a umbrella rig that we will try out. hope to here you guys out on the river we go by the name of SUNSHINE ON THE RADIO VHF.
LATER HERMAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2010, 04:22 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerherm View Post
hey Gunner
that would have been great but i just got back at 3 pm from Catskill NY went to the river basin sport shop picked up some supples,and i ask the guy who runs the shop there about if there was a striper bass fishing clubs around here he said no there was none that he knows of. i went to one striper hearing in the VFW club two years ago also one in the boat show in NYC this year,we need hands on to learn what we are doing wrong we went out last year about 15 times and still no stripers, we tried trolling ,with bombers chunk Herring blood worms ,clams shrimp sand worms ,tried the tubes with blood worms,fished off a boat all this time.then by the bridge in Kingston,on the shore. we gut to be doing some wrong still no fish.??? well we are getting the boat ready for this season will try again we have a boat thats going in Saugerties, i am also getting my 19 ft star craft islander ready to try again. we pick up at the boat show a umbrella rig that we will try out. hope to here you guys out on the river we go by the name of SUNSHINE ON THE RADIO VHF.
LATER HERMAN
I'm sure it seems a bit redendant but try goingback to page one of these forums and read right on through. There are ALOT of good tips in there. Most if not all of the stripers caught between the Kingston-Rhinecliff bridge and Troy are caught on either chunk or live herring. They very rarely hit anything else. Although the current New York State record WAS caught on a lure being trolled, this is a VERY RARE occurance. What did you buy at the River BAsin? Did you enter the contest?
Old 03-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner1 View Post
I'm sure it seems a bit redendant but try goingback to page one of these forums and read right on through. There are ALOT of good tips in there. Most if not all of the stripers caught between the Kingston-Rhinecliff bridge and Troy are caught on either chunk or live herring. They very rarely hit anything else. Although the current New York State record WAS caught on a lure being trolled, this is a VERY RARE occurance. What did you buy at the River BAsin? Did you enter the contest?
NO CONTEST for us NOT THE WAY WE ARE FISHING NOT GETTING ANY THING,-- 30 lbs braid line,circle hooks#5,pork strips,plastic beads,50 lbs momo line for the umbrella rigs,sinker sliders ,4 oz sinkers just got a cabelas 8 ft rod and real salt water stricker combo,have on the boat two down riggers mac 10 two downrigger rods with okuma line conters one pen 210,and last reel shimano bait runer 3500 ,but i dont use it never liked it.
waiting till the weather better so i can get the boat out of the barn and do complete mantaince on it. before we hit the water.
later HERMAN
Old 03-27-2010, 05:53 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner1 View Post
i'm sure it seems a bit redendant but try goingback to page one of these forums and read right on through. There are alot of good tips in there. Most if not all of the stripers caught between the kingston-rhinecliff bridge and troy are caught on either chunk or live herring. They very rarely hit anything else. Although the current new york state record was caught on a lure being trolled, this is a very rare occurance. What did you buy at the river basin? Did you enter the contest?
penn reel is 320 gti not as i said
Old 03-28-2010, 06:46 PM
wellsley

I was at the river basin sport shop at 2pm I must have just missed ya. I didn't enter the contest either.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:50 PM
First Mate

Good to see people still shopping local. His prices are high on some stuff, but if you figure in shipping, I think it's comparable. He tries hard to make sure he has what we want as fishermen, too.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Official Member

ch 40 runner start to get the boat ready. season going to start early this year good luck.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:23 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglar View Post
ch 40 runner start to get the boat ready. season going to start early this year good luck.
Were you talking to me? You said runner but maybe you meant gunner1? Boat is 90% done. New tach, new plugs, new waterpump kit, new rod holders. Here's a vid of me firing it up for the first time on Friday after I had changed the waterpump:
Old 03-29-2010, 12:02 AM
Striper Hunter

Thumbs up Re: Looking to join hudson river striper club

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglar View Post
HEY GUY good to see you here on the site,yes its gunner from channel 40 on the cb radio, whats up going to give it a try this season again, me and my buddy joe,he has a 21 ft bayliner trophy older boat, and i have a 19 ft starcraft island io eng, i cant wait till the weather breaks going to work on the boat this week for sure getting all kinds of good info from all the guy here maybe this year is going to be it for us.
LATER CB BUDY CHANNEL 40 AKA GUNNER