Fishing "Spots" - Page 5 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum > All Time Best Threads
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

All Time Best Threads Here is the all time best threads. Worth reading

Old 10-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Lunker

Default Re: Fishing "Spots"

I Have to agree that fishing certain spots is best to keep secret. We fish our own area's all the time and you will not see us most of the time in a fleet of boats. Sometimes one has to because we think the big boys are there.
I think in many cases catching is technique and not just location. We have trolled through a fleet of boats and caught fish only to have boats move to the area we were at. We caught 3 fish right off the bat but they were not keepers. We just kept on trolling and left the pack.
We are like everyone else good days and bad days but I think technique and the right bait is very important.
Ofcourse I agree with all of you. To many fisherman do not consider the other fisherman. We have had them cross our lines while trolling and not even realizing what they are doing. Just have to be inexperienced and not a true fisheman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Cow Catcher

DAVES BEACH, FALL RIVER.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Veteran Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by byf View Post
Gunny I am damn proud to be one of those you shared a spot with, also, Backbayj. Without the two of you I would have never ventured to RI (fish or not). I only have 2 weeks left in this part of the country. Hopefully we'll fish together again before I leave. If not It was very good meeting and fishing with you. I will cherish these momories. Best of luck with getting Stripers recognized as gamefish in RI and MA.

I know I'm not supposed do do this and I hope you don't take it as an insult but.....
It's been fun. I showed you a few fish and got ya pretty wet a couple times at least. Hope we can get together before you head out. I'm in for Sat and Sun in RI. I'll be fishing the ditch in the AM and also Friday AM. You need to post a pic of your MYSTERY plug.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Veteran Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Point View Post
DAVES BEACH, FALL RIVER.
I told you not to tell everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 10-03-2008, 03:26 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKBAYJ View Post
. You need to post a pic of your MYSTERY plug.
I'll do that later tonight. I've been meaning to but I've been fishing, sleep, work. 99% of my posts are comming from work and I can't upload anything here.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:30 PM
First Mate

By the way I thought that place was called Gilligan's
Old 10-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by byf View Post
Gunny I am damn proud to be one of those you shared a spot with, also, Backbayj. Without the two of you I would have never ventured to RI (fish or not). I only have 2 weeks left in this part of the country. Hopefully we'll fish together again before I leave. If not It was very good meeting and fishing with you. I will cherish these momories. Best of luck with getting Stripers recognized as gamefish in RI and MA.

I know I'm not supposed do do this and I hope you don't take it as an insult but.....
You sir are a stand up guy to fish with, hopefully we see you next year!!!!
Old 10-03-2008, 09:49 PM

Jeff, it's been my pleasure to share my good fortune with someone that truly respects the sport we enjoy so much. You are only beginning to pick the fruits from the tree of my life. I not only have enjoyed the fleeting moments of success we have had so far, but look forward to the road trips we will both be taking to fish a few feet of shoreline we will be sharing in the future. For some unknown reason my phone seems to have lost your number, call me so I can save it again. Some huge events coming soon, real soon.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:08 AM
First Mate

Will do.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:55 PM

Old 05-29-2009, 07:42 AM
First Mate

Great post.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:29 AM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

Better than great. This should be the first post a new member reads.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Veteran Elite

Great post. This should be read by all newcomers. I remember when I was there too.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:00 PM
First Mate

That’s an awesome post, I agree it should be required reading; there is another side to that story too though. Most folks have not been at it as long as you, and none asking that type of question fished through the bad years.

4 or 5 years ago my first post on this board was something like ‘what are the GPS cords to the hotspots!!’ Yes, I was that guy… what an ass I was. About 7 guys boo’d and hissed, but a few were nice enough to welcome me and correct my transgressions. They recognized I knew less than nothing of this hobby or it’s etiquette. In other words I was too stupid to even know what I did not know.

Over the years I’ve improved my skills immeasurably. I am still not in the class of most folks on this board (and not even in the same league as roc); but I have learned a few things and for those who ask nicely, I am happy to share. I find my success more dictated by understanding of tide, bait, light, etc than parking on that magic spot. If some dad and his kid are obviously without a clue looking and for a good time, they can have all the info they like. I have also learned that most folks are good people who just don’t yet know what they don’t know. Cut them a little slack and point them in the right direction, then see how they respond. If they are goon’s F-‘em, but It's inveitable that somone will stumble on your super secret stash honeyhole at somepoint and I’d rather have well educated guys fishing near me than goons, even if I have to teach them myself.

For the record, this is definately not meant to be a reply aimed at anyone or this thread, especially Roc who I am guessing has helped more folks then just about anyone; it's just an alternate view point.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:21 PM
First Mate

Awe geeze... I just made this nice thoughtpost about how folks are basically good people and cut the some slack and only then do I see the locked thread from scott7980 in the new england forum which prompted this.... crap now I guess I take it all back, lol.

Well, don't let one bad apple...