Fish Of A Life Time - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Saltwater Species
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Species Whatever else you're catching or want to catch. Cod / Tuna / Fluke / Blues / Weakfish / Tataug / Sea Bass / Flounder / Shark / Snook / Bonefish / Tarpon / Redfish / Barracuda / Sea Trout / Cobia, etc...

Old 07-12-2009, 05:29 PM
Striper Hunter

Thumbs up Fish Of A Life Time

Hey guys just wanted to share one of my best fishing experiences.

Recently my father had a seizure and i wanted to get him away from work and stress so i booked us a trip to Florida. To bring him fishing like he had brought me so many times when i was younger... My goal was to get us into some trophy red fish and or snook from bridges and jettys (didnt think boat would be a good idea beacuse of his health). Alltho we had fished Florida a few times before we are mainly striper fisherman in boston and had neva caught a red or a snook.

Long story short we had a great time with limited sucess when all of a sudden on the last nite of our trip my bait runner screamed louder and longer then ever befor... My dad had a fish on so i picked up my rod and tryed to cross the fishes eyes when i did this fish tugged back so hard i could only compair to the fight of a blue fin tuna except i only had 17 lbs. test on my rod. The fight went on for just under an hour and my arms were killing me but my dad was cheering me on the whole time and i ended up with a crowd around me watching. Finaly i get the fish to the surface and couldnt bealive the size of redfish i saw. The next obstical was gettin him ova a bridge that was sum 15-20 from the water. My dad grabbed the net when all of a sudden the fish gets anotha burst and decides to wrap me around the bridge. All i can hear is the friction between my line and the cement on the bridge and my heart pounding through my chest. I knew if i horsed him he was gone so i gave him slack and walked to the other side of the bridge he swam back around and my dad netted the biggest red we and the locals had ever seen... I think she was close to the state record but i respected the regs took a pic and let her go!!!

What a trip , what a fish, what teamwork....
Here is a few pics me and my dad holding a 30in red...
and then he took pics of me holding a monster bull red of a lifetime that we caught that last nite of the trip....

Hope u guys enjoy this story. and i hope this is the correct forum for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Red 001.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	11366   Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Red 002.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	11367   Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Red 003.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	11368  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2009, 10:22 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Fish Of A Life Time

WOW, awsome story man! That fish was HUGE, i am amazed you brougt that in on 17lb test, great job. Congratz on that whoper man.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Official Member

nicely done!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2009, 12:44 AM
Striper Hunter

thanx guys!