Lake Monroe IN Memorial Day Wknd - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Indiana Stripers and Wipers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 05-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Wiper Guru

Default Lake Monroe IN Memorial Day Wknd

With the exception of the rain on Monday it was a fine, clear weekend. We hit the water Friday afternoon, late, and caught fish immediately trolling chartreuse jigs tipped with shiners. Mr. P took a couple of six pounders and lost three at the boat. He thinks it is a problem with the trebble hooks. I got three keepers, a 7.0 and two smaller ones. All in all, Friday was good. Saturday Mr. P went home and my son and daughter in law came down, so I took them out. We managed to hook into some fine wipers in the 7.0 lb class up in the Moore's Creek area. I don't remember catching any up there in the past, but they are there now. Niether my son nor his wife had fought wiper in the past, so you can imagine the talk around the campfire that night. We kept two for the grill and let the rest go back to doing whatever hellish deeds they might be up to. Sunday my wife and I fished, tossing spoons mostly, in the Eads Inlet area and took two fish over 8.0 lbs. It was such a treat to see them taking artificials on 8# test line again. It is such a hard scrabble getting one into the boat, usually taking ten+ minutes to land, but what a feeling of accomplishment! Great weekend, all in all. We hit the water early and were back in camp by 11:00 a.m., then didn't go back out until 6:30 or 7 p.m. It made for a very enjoyable weekend.

The water was clear early in the weekend, then powerboat muddy by Sunday. The water level is high, maybe three or four feet over summer pool. Like last year, when they hold that water in, it makes for some fickle fishing, but they're out there and they're coming close to the flats in the evening hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement