Okay...now what? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 06-22-2009, 10:54 AM
psuedo-NOOBIE

Default Okay...now what?

So now that spring is officially over, what can this Striper-noob expect for the summer in the Boston/SouthShore? I know that the blues are coming and that can either get in the way or add to the fun, depending on how you look at it. Can I still get some good striper action from the shore? (granted I only managed 2 keepers for the spring) I do 90% of my fishing at night after I get out of work so it's way past dusk, which seems to be better for linesiders anyways. Are blues active then too? I've tried using plugs and plastics but have only hit with meat. I'll usually throw one line out to soak and toss out lures with another. So other than adding some steel to my line, any thing else I should change up on my gear and/or methods? Thanks for helping a noobie out. Tight lines!
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2009, 01:41 PM
Banned

Default Re: Okay...now what?

The answer to your question is yes you can still do pretty well up there from shore during the summer but I will leave the spot finding to you. I mentioned one via pm. Regarding the blues they will come in but there are spots were you can avoid them (the one I mentioned)

Leave the steel at home and use a 60# floro leader if your worried about it. Read the beginners section of this site to get a better idea as to what techniques to use in the artificial department because its way to much for me to type. Surf plugology is a great thread for you to check out!

Good luck and tight lines!
Old 06-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Okay...now what?

Surf plugology is a great thread and one that we can always refer back to. As for the blues running at night I will leave that up to the more knowledgable guys here to answer that but my general feeling is that if there is bait in the area and they're hungry that they'll feed any time

As for still getting stripers from shore....I certainly hope there are more to come

As for the plugging try to match the bait and retrieve it slow