Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Making life easy through jigs and fixtures...

12K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Ghilie 
#1 ·
I've got a compilation of jigs and fixtures that I use to make the hobby of plug making eaiser and the results repeatable....

some of these have been featured before.. some I've kept tucked away...

most, not all were created by me.. most were spawned from necessity or modified from some one elses idea....I'm goint to put them all in one thread for easy referance...

The first three pictures are of an oldie but goodie... this jig allows me to drill all my belly holes without leaving the square ends on the plug.. because I hydro orient each plug ( Thanks Tagger) I cut the square end off after the initial sanding....

the next shot is of the through hole jig, ( a design inspired by East End Lou) this allows me to through drill each plug with out changing bits... the aluminum guide plates on the up right can be changed to accomodate different drill sizes... I use a 4 jaw chuck to hold the drill, this way, I can control how deep the drill travels, as all plugs are not center drilled through and through...

to be continued later...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Next is a lip slot cutting jig.... I use this on my table top mounted band saw, on one side I use the miter slot to keep the jig straight... a screw and washer is fitted in the bottom to hold the assembly to the table, I use the slot in the table to allow the screw to slide...

the tail stock can be adjusted front to back and is pinned, a pin in the tail stock holds the plug in place, the front "V" allows for different sized (diameter) plugs to be used then angle adjusted by moving the tail stock pin up or down...

Next is a angle jig... this jig is used in conjunction with the fence on my large band saw ( 12" throat) I use this mostly for darters but also use it for slope heads, trollers and sursters....the tail stock is pined ( I use the same ones I use for the lip slot jig) I have several tail stocks they all are interchangeable and are pinned with a singel screw holding them in place.. with this jig i can accurately and quickly cut all my angles for darters and other plugs, the tail stock and body pins make set up and break down a snap...

Attachments

#3 ·
This is my Scaling Jig. it fits six bodies sitting on 3/8 dowels. Hinged with removable scale material. Works well when you are doing multiple plugs of the same finish. Jigs and Fixtures make the shop work. Yours look great.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.