Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Load... dip and drip...

Tags
dip drip load
12K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Roccus 
#1 ·
some things just make life eaiser...

I've sealed plugs a dozen different ways, I knew there had to be a better way....

What I came up with is 3 sets of 4 PVC tubes,each set of 4 is joined so they share the chemisty, the hanger assy. was made from pre drilled angle and 3/8-16 threaded rod... each wire hanger is made from suspended ceiling wire, but a coat hanger would suffice... each is locked in place with a few lengths of plumbers strap hanger....

by keeping each set seperate, you can pour out chemistry without makeing a mess...

for long term storage, empty the chemistry into a paint can and "level off" with rocks to eliminate excess air.. initially it takes a fair amount of liquid to fill the tubes, once the expense is over, it's costs is next to nothing to keep it running...

when filling the tube, fill each rack with the largest plug you will build, after that, smaller plugs can be set deeper into the ( 1 1/2 X 12" long) tubes a small length of dicarded rigging wire pushed into the plug will act as a wedge to adjust the level you want to sink the plug to....

Once you have done it a few times, it only takes a minute to load and unload the rack, no more spilled messes , no more gloves... quick and easy...

for short term storage, you can do as I do and cover with a piece of plexi or lexan, or use test caps...

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That is f-ing sweet. Sealing makes the biggest mess just due to the dripping. Very nice!

I have been sealing 8 or 9 at a whack in those throw away gallon containers from any home improvement store. That looks like a great method. Nicely done!

#5 ·
great idea there keemosabee...i bet if you had the room, you could build like a carousel to shift them away and drop another set in to seal and so on and so on. just have to have some kind of pan beneath the ones just coming out. get a lightbulb up there yet? :einstein:

#9 ·
all winter... just stir between uses and add a little odorless MS when it bets too thick.. in the summer ( when I'm not building) I fill paint cans to the top, top off with MS and seal getting the air out is important to keep from skinning..

yes covers on the tubes... I've found that the small butter cups ( that margarines and butter come in) work best.. being tapered they can be wedged tightly, but come out easy..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.