Kingston Area - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 04-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Striper Hunter

Default Kingston Area

Hi all,

New guy here from the Newburgh Area contimplating a trip this Sunday up to Kingston for a little Striper action. Last time out was 2 weeks ago in the Croton vicinity and did well with the schoolies fishing off bottom with Bloods and Sands.

Never been up to Kingston before and was wondering what the preferred method for most would be up there regarding drifting vs bottom fishing?

Would be stopping by my local shop down here before I leave to pick up bloods and sands and am also wondering what most were using for bait as I see a few reports of guys doing well with herring and am thinking of picking up some frozen as live would probably be a little difficult to get by me.

Ill be sure to post how we did and thanks in advance from anyone willing to help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Kingston Area

Save your gas...too soon for Kingston. Better off staying there or going south. Where do you get your bait if I may ask? Absolutely no bait shops on Beacon side...
Old 04-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Kingston Area

Was wondering if it were a little too early?

Have always done well out of Newburgh and Croton but have always wanted to try Kingston just to see what it's all about.

As far as bait goes, been going to Ceely's Bait Bucket in New Windsor for the past few years. Scott and his wife are great people who are very knowledgable and won't steer you wrong! 845-534-3495