Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Free Cape Cod Fishing eBook

5K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Miss Loretta Fishing 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

With the start of the 2012 striped bass fishing season just a month away, I figured now was a good time to post this.

Like everyone on this board I love to fish, especially for striped bass off Cape Cod. However I remember how difficult of a time I initially had finding and figuring out how to catch stripers when I first became involved with the sport some 17 years ago.

I've put together a brief eBook focused on helping folks improve the odds of catching a nice striped bass or two during their 2012 Cape Cod striped bass fishing trips.

I've attached the eBook as an easy to read PDF file at the bottom of this post.

Hopefully at least a few of you striper addicts will find this information valuable! And if not then that is of course A-OKAY too.

Happy spring everyone and good luck fishing this season.

Take care,

Ryan

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Great read Ryan. I'm a Maine fishing guy (Old Orchard Beach) myself but frequent Cape Cod (including the canal) a few times every season. This guide was chock-full of useful information, ranging from early-season tips and techniques to fishing "The Ditch" to trolling the outer beaches and much more. Definitely worth a read to any angler new or old. Thanks again for sharing man, maybe I'll see ya out on the water this season. thumbsup.gif

#7 ·
Hey Guys, thanks a lot for the compliments-much appreciated.

Definitely say hello if you happen to see me trudging along the Cape Cod Canal or putting around Cape Cod Bay. Hopefully we all have a great 2012.

Best of luck!

Oh, and StyperHyper, how is the fishing at Old Orchard? I have a friend from up that way, but I've never cast a line there before. Just wondering.

Take care,

Ryan

#8 ·
Oh, and StyperHyper, how is the fishing at Old Orchard? I have a friend from up that way, but I've never cast a line there before. Just wondering.

Take care,

Ryan
We do pretty well right from shore (no boat) in Old Orchard for the most part. It can get a little dicey in the dog days of July/August but June and September, when the fish are coming and going, we slay 'em floating sandworms (TONS of crabs hence the float). My buddy and I managed 4 fish 40" + (20-35 lbs) the last few weeks of the season (mid to late September) last season. Give a shout if you're ever up this way and I'll show ya the ropes of Old Orchard Beach. Tight lines and good luck this season my friend. . . . .

#10 ·
Hello Prolineguy,

Your welcome! If I can be of any help just let me know. I'm hoping that 2012 will be a great striper season here on Cape Cod.

We do pretty well right from shore (no boat) in Old Orchard for the most part. It can get a little dicey in the dog days of July/August but June and September, when the fish are coming and going, we slay 'em floating sandworms (TONS of crabs hence the float). My buddy and I managed 4 fish 40" + (20-35 lbs) the last few weeks of the season (mid to late September) last season. Give a shout if you're ever up this way and I'll show ya the ropes of Old Orchard Beach. Tight lines and good luck this season my friend. . . . .
StriperHyper - Great to hear you guys do pretty well up there at Old Orchard. Using a sandworm under a float is definitely an old school method that apparently still works great!

I'll be sure to check in if I ever make it up that way for a fishing trip. Thanks for the insight.

All the best,

Ryan

#13 ·
Thank you Jason and Tduffy!

Catching that bluefin was a blast. We had caught smaller tuna in the past but that was our first giant. Since then we've busted off a fish or two that we think (emphasis on think!) was around the same size.

Maybe we'll get lucky again this year-I've got my fingers crossed.

Great to hear you have the same boat Jason, good stuff! That model is surprisingly versatile. Good family boat but also good for fishing.

Be sure to post a pic or two if you land a tuna this year.

Good luck!

Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.