Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Stellwagon Cod Report?

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  jasonsnova 
#1 ·
I'm fishing for cod in Stellwagon Wednesday and Thursday. Will post a report when we get back. If anyone gets out there before then I'd love to hear how you did.

#2 ·
couldnt tell you about stellwagon...i fished north of there monday (newburyport) and couldnt find a cod inshore, then moved out to jefferies ledge and limited out on haddock. found some cod but all very small. All the reports i've been seeing so far are saying the same thing.....
If i remember right tho last year stellwagon was good early in the year before the north picked up....

#3 ·
Thanks for the update - sounds like you did pretty well on J ledge.

We went out on a party boat from Plymouth to Stellwagon today. The fishing was very slow. Two small cod came onto the deck from over 30 fishermen. None from me or my friends :( No other fish either. They said the cod regulations are now 19 inches with nine per day to bag. Hopefully the fishing gets better out there soon. I can't get out tomorrow so that's it for me at least until next weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.