Cape Cod Fall Fishing - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts > Cape Cod Canal
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Cape Cod Canal The Ditch.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Freak Finder

Default Cape Cod Fall Fishing

All and all it was a great summer down the cape. Lots of stripers were caught at Bishop and Clerks in the beginning of the summer, and also the Monomoy island shoals. The past several weeks have been tough...ol' razor lips has been tough to avoid. However, the fall southern migration is arriving.

We have been having lots of fun fishing the centerville/osterville bridge at night with the live eels. There are some good sized fish there! However, that 'big one' keeps getting away and I cant sleep at night. As the h2o temps begin to drop and the stripers begin to migrate south, where can I do some damage down the cape? My uncle has been pulling in fish in Hull gut in the upper 40 inch range with live poagies, but we all know how that goes.

Our usual method has been trolling the tube and worm, and I plan on continuing that trend. I hope to get some good discussion going on for fall fishing down the cape! Best of luck gentlemen.

MS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Cape Cod Fall Fishing

Nice report! Welcome to the site! We're having a little gather of S247 folks over at the canal next weekend. Check out the Events forum for details
Old 09-15-2007, 02:06 AM

Yes welcome to the board. Jim Thanks
I hope to be up that way the end of the week for the gatherings.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Freak Finder

Excellent. Im going to get down there as much as I can in the next several weeks. We have been killing them Around the Boston Harbor Islands right now, especially by the reserve channel in South Boston. Bouncin live poagies off the bottom in 50 ft. of water. I caught 2 30 pounders on a spin caster railing in snagged poagies! 15 pound test! Awesome experience.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:56 AM
Striper Hunter

Fish are starting to move thru the canal. The cows are moving-30-40lb fish are being taken daily all thru the canal, biggest fish at night -black 5oz jigs have been deadly. The best is yet to come!!
<BR>
Buzzards Bay Anglers Club