Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

compressor for air brush is this any good

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Sudsy 
#1 ·
hey guys... i have an air brush tht hooks up to a lil can, basicly its crap, and as far as compressors i was wondering if any body could tell me if this one is decent...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Badger-Air-brus...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:10|39:1|240:1318

or give me an idea of one to look into.. and air brush... goin to keep lookin on ebay so i can get it cheap... lot of them under badger airbrush compressor .. their retail price is high but i still not sure how good they are... probly need a new gun too so if any one can help me out it would be great thanks in advance:thu:

#2 ·
I use an old semi-retired Porter Cable pancake that I used on about 500 jobs before upgrading. It handles 3 brushes very well but can be a bit loud when it kicks on. You can pick one up used, try Craigs list, for about $50.00. I like my Pasche brushes, easy to clean, come with several needles and tips and do everything I need them to do as far as shootin plugs goes. They are also one of the least expensive of the high end airbrushes.

#3 ·
Yup, what Gunny said
Hot dog or pancake compressor.
You don't need anything fancy or expensive. I got mine 7 years ago at Sams Club for $60 and it's still going strong.

As for brushes, I'm a big fan of the Iwatas with the top feed cup in particular this one:

http://www.iwata-medea.com/index.php/products/hp_c_plus/

#6 ·
for an airbrush try here www.bearair.com a badger 175 is a good all around gun
I also have a Badger but got fed up with the constant adjustments and especially the spitting. Now I use it as my base coat brush, hard to screw up one color on the whole plug, and I do everything else with the Iwatas.

#8 ·
I use Kilz original in the red label can

I used to use spray cans but they got too expensive so now I get it by the quart.
I have a 4th brush i use for that :17471:
A super cheap, like $20, easy to clean no name single action

As for brushes, you can get by just fine with just the Iwata in this link and Kilz in the spray can. Over time, bit by bit, you'll expand your arsenal.

#11 ·
I have to thin the Kilz to run through my single stage brush.

And your detail brush should definitely be 2 action

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.