Sunday 6/5/05... the day in pictures... - Page 3 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 06-06-2005, 02:01 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

LOL. HOw about right after we got the bait, and hit right outside the mouth of the river.....some googanheimer comes flyin' out of the mouth and turns directly at us. He's flyin' straight for us, then about 25 yards before cutting us in half, he turns off to the left to go around us. BUTTHOLEFACE couldnt see over his console. Somebody needs to buy that jerk-off a high-chair. As he flies by, Roc proclaims...."more money than brains!". Nobody says it better

Then there was the guy on his boat with a buddy or 2 and his kid or sumthin. When we went up to fish for schoolies while waiting for the tide to turn, this guy pulled up on us and was just HOVERING around Roc's boat. He was no doubt watchin' us pull up tons and tons of fish, all under 20". We kind of forgot about him, then as the tide seemed good enough to head back down for larger fish, the guy and his boat just appeared directly behind us. As soon as he saw Roc start the motor and pull the anchor up, he must've hammered the throttle over! LOL. Right on top of ya!!!

Oh man, then there was the 2 guys on a boat "showing off" their 1 prized catch. The guys ended up drifting up on us later in the afternoon. We were having an absolute blast, shootin' tha @#$&, and just barreling over laughing at how funny it was watching the drags scream every half-minute lol (see below). One guy was trying to throw a fly into wind that was just ripping right into his face. When the clouds shift around, well so does the wind, and this was during one of the few "wind bursts". Roc was laughin his ass off as we watched this guy pull his fly line every which way. Well I guess his buddy saw us pickin' on him, so the guy picks up a bass and holds it up at us, as if we were supposed to be impressed or something. We just laughed even harder. The fish didnt even look legal, nevermind something worth "showing off". What a dork

Anyway, even funnier than tha dork, was what I started to mention above.....Roc had it all timed out. We were on fish so consistantly after a short wait for action, that Roc said "ok, after I get this one re-baited, Jonny's will scream" and vice-versa. Sure enough, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, drags roarin'. We were just laughin like hell and havin a good ole time. It was a short wait after heading back down to that spot, there was even talk of The Fat Lady and how she might start singing. Oh no, 30 seconds after that discussion, they showed up again. Just an absolute constant supply of fish to catch. Absolute bliss.

During that period of late afternoon bliss, I had one bullhead Bassy that had more torque than a turbo-diesel Super Duty pickup LMAO. It was a bulldozer! This thing was under 20 pounds, but pulled like a 30! Brute force, TOTAL POWER. What a truely awesome fish. When we got it over the gunnell, we just laughed how wide the fish was. "Look at the @#$%'n shoulders on that thing!" Roc says. I was like holy crap, that things gut shoulders like a fullback LMAO. Gave it a kiss, and back in tha watah! so hopefully nobody will pull it out and take him home, cuz that fish has potential to be a full-tilt Spooler!

Thanks again Roc for another totally awesome time!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 02:06 PM

P.S. Wendsdee night It's on. Sunburn doesnt feel as bad as I thought. Yet anyway lol. Cheeks are still a little rosy. I missed a few spots with every application of sunscreen, on my face and one of my elbows felt sore lol. Legs are scorched too

P.S. Part 2......Bubble Gum! lmao. in my nightmares!!! Roc almost had me fall over the side of the boat again after that debacle, I told him dont call it PINK, its Bubble Gum! He said "f you, it woulda been Bubble YUM if we got that fish over the side and in the boat!". LMFAO LMFAO LMFAO.

Actually, I just remembered, that fish almost did pull me over the side of the boat LMAO. It pulled very very hard at one point right when a wake came from behind us. Almost went in with a big bassy!!! What a day!

If I had only waited and let it scream another 3 seconds before putting on the brakes :evil:

Old 06-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Pro Staff

Roccus, wouldn't that have been something if that monster had sucked down the little one you had on? I was in the bow and didn't see it, but that thing must have been huge to get you worked up like that!!

I got a kick out of watching the fly guys trying to cast in the wind that kicked up just after the tide turned They got some fish on, but small. I didn't see any that were a whole heck of a lot bigger than our bait Roccus just kept saying, "Big bait, big fish!" We threw out some big "bacon strips" while having fun with the schoolies on little soft plastics, consistently picked up nice fish on the "bacon" but nothing much bigger than 12" on the plastics. Didn't catch anything decent all day on any kind of lure that we tried. They definately wanted MEAT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2005, 03:14 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

I had a blast guys!!!! I forgot about "Rodney" trying to run us down and our buddy with the calf roping....I mean fly fishing act,

I also forgot about the "circle of wagons" that formed when you guys started hooking up!

And about the trollers that came within 20' ,if they wanted to get to know us they should have introduced themselves LMAO!

Bait runner,
I didnt realize that bassy spined you that bad....been there!
BTW LOVE the avatar,,,but I thought it would have been the skuk killer
Good job mate,hopefully you get down for some night time eeling....thats when the BIG bassy's come out to play :D

Jonny,
we get 'em on wednesday....Maybe I'll set the shallow water alarm for 6"LOL
Old 06-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Pro Staff

Roccus,
I thought about puttin something like Skunk Killer, on my signature, but only for a split second. That honor goes entirely to you my friend. No way am I about to take credit for the results of your years of experience and hard work. I'm not like that Yes,, the skunk is very dead, and I have you to thank for it!!

I'll definately make it up again one of these Saturdays for some night fishing. Give me a little time to get things settled down around here and I'll be back for more :D
Old 06-06-2005, 04:17 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

The pleasure was all mine...
Get yourself settled,take care of your wife,she'll be needing you for a little while,we've got 3 1/2 months up here before it's over...

you take care of yourself my friend....
I'm taking a few nights off,I've got gear to mend,I need to fill out my log(and it's gonna take a while!) and get some sleep.I was up at 3 AM every day from wednesday on,fished 10-12 hour shifts, last night I went to bed at 12:30,Jonny and i tag teamed the pictures to get them in the thread, and was up this morning at 5:30....But as my montra goes "I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead!!!!!"
Old 06-06-2005, 08:41 PM

Rock, how far out were the Macks?
I ran to Graves and couldn't find any...

I came back to marina and the guys next to me told me he found them at the B-Buoy...I'd say thats a little to far :?
Oh well I may have not nailed the biguns like you guys but I got some Flounder...

I really wish I had gone...next year :D
Old 06-06-2005, 09:17 PM

Awesome!!! Damn, that was alot of stripeys. Hahah that pic with the striper eating the mack made me laugh.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Pro Staff

Kkevvy,
And those are just the ones we took pictures of. We quit taking pictures after a while, lol.

Yeah, that one with the mack in his mouth, lol. He slammed it pretty hard, then fought so weakly that I'd have thought it was a little schooly except for the weight. Must have been having trouble swimming with that mac stuck in his throat. It was a big mack, too far down his throat to get to the hook. Snipped the line as close as we could get it and he swallowed it right down and swam off easily. Look closely at the photo where I'm holding a big fish up and there's a white balloon to my right (the one that's my avatar right now). You'll see the tail of that mack still sticking out of his mouth!!
Old 06-06-2005, 09:50 PM

Yup, Jacob is right on.....that was only a fraction of the total bassy's caught lol

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! My cheeks!

Old 06-06-2005, 11:07 PM

Nice fish. Dad, I can't believe you would show a picture of one that small. I had more faith in you. Hopefully, i'll beat at least that tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2005, 11:33 PM

Hi J welcome to the board.

Recognized the name. Rocc is the best. :D :D 8)
Old 06-07-2005, 12:02 AM

Yeah, welcome aboard!!! :D

Yup, Joe rules tha Earth. I never really had a "dad", so I'm not sure what its like to have one, but your pretty lucky Joe is yours. I wish Tha Roc was my pops!

Old 06-07-2005, 05:07 AM

Nice!!!Lefty
Old 06-07-2005, 06:06 AM

Default Wow looks like a good time for sure

I would have better not fishing the tourney asnd heading up with you guys.. looks like a good time had by everyone....

Some nice looking bass