The Frowned Upon White Bucket? - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 12-29-2009, 10:42 AM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

Default Re: The Frowned Upon White Bucket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1 View Post
i sharted once with waders on and the walk back to the car

Advertisement

Old 12-29-2009, 10:45 AM
First Mate

You might consider carrying it inside your waders........

Merry Christmas...dude

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ambition in life is to catch a fish heavier than myself.....trouble is ...that fish gets bigger every year.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:39 PM
Striper Hunter
Pro Staff

Sharpies that hunt for large fish do not dead stick, do not sit down and do not use bells and whistles, and only use one rod. It"s all about feeling the fish picking up the bait and setting the hook before the fish feels any tension and droppes it! Also, if you want mobility there's better ways to organize your bait and tackle instead of carrying all that junk around. If you want to hang out and drink some beers and try to catch a fish with three or four rods out then sharpies will frown on you. Most people that camp out to fish also leave a lot of garbage behind (beer cans,potato chip wrappers, small plastic bags that the bait comes in,etc.) In my neck of the woods anyway!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2010, 11:20 PM

I got mine and use all the time.
Old 10-10-2010, 03:58 PM
Official Member

I must have missed something on the white bucket thing or just too old of a post. Details please?
Old 10-11-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimno1
.....the white bucket could have it's purposes but, overall? i'd not wanna be caught dead with a white bucket on my person.
Old 01-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Official Member

Thumbs up Re: The Frowned Upon White Bucket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimno1 View Post
i always have a white bucket in the car.....
it holds my cast net. if i am inclined to liveline bunker then, i will use it to keep em alive for a while and or to carry off the beach to the cooler.

the only shame in using one is being seen by fellow surfcasters/anglers.. it is only good to chit in if you march a mile down the beach to a secluded spot and have had taco's/burrito's/with 3 coffee's and a cheese danish for lunch..then i suggest avioding the waders alltogether.

i sharted once with waders on and the walk back to the car - and drive to Mcdonalds hurt my back from holding my cheeks together for so long.....the white bucket could have it's purposes but, overall? i'd not wanna be caught dead with a white bucket on my person.

This is a classic post and deserves revisiting!

Funny stuff, and for those of ya that know Paulie...there's lots more of those stories locked in that twisted head of his...

Here's some googan bucket pics,,,along with the Effumall Club, the only club out there that's worth joining...

"Embellishing on Killie's original creativity... ... I created the DarkSkies Googan bucket.

Sadly, I used to carry too much with me when I went fishing...usually it was Sandy Hook at night, and if you broke or forgot something it was a 1/2 mile walk back to the truck....so I brought a white bucket with my extra gear...and because I felt ridiculous carrying it, I BOLDLY labeled it the GOOGAN Bucket....

Here's just one of the shirts Killie is famous for. They're so popular I heard there's guys out there writing the Effumall slogan on their white buckets."

Attachment 7875

Attachment 7876

Old 01-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Official Member

Pics....

Official DarkSkies Googan Bucket

DarkSkies Googan Bucket Effumall Fishing Club

Old 01-31-2012, 09:02 AM
Striper Hunter

The white bucket is so useful... I hang plugs in the back of my buggy around the rim and let them dry after a nights fishing.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:17 AM
First Mate

Don't fall into an elitist mindset.

A bucket is a useful tool for some types of fishing. I use a bucket for ice fishing, bait fishing, etc. But for run and gun surf casting less is more - you need to be mobile.

JMHO
Old 05-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Lol I remember this thread a while back.
Where im from the only ppl who use white buckets r foreigners who don't possess Licence to fish tht water and fill up bucket with each and every fish they catch regardless of size or restriction.
Also even if ur bait fishing on the beach there is no good reason for u to be sitting down u should be standing at ready attention when tht hit goes off sitting down on tue beach is for beach goers and sunbathers not for fisherman unless u been standing at attention for several hours and jus need a quick minute pause then it should be back to ur feet. Even in a boat if ur not on ur feet ur not fishing ur jus wetting a line and passing time. Me I won't sit sleep or eat til I see tht rod go off and have a bass on the beach. But then again I'm a striper fisherman so I'm a Lil different than ur typical white bucket beach going guy.