And the kid is on the board. . . . . - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 06-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Young salt

Default And the kid is on the board. . . . .

FINALLY, after being skunked for 2 "three hour tours" worth of fishing in the a.m., I turned to the Man on the Moon still in search of numero uno on the season. The tide turned just before 9:00 p.m, the undertow that hours earlier was strong enough to pull Rosie O'Donnell AND her adopted children under had calmed to a rolling swell and most of the early risers that cluttered the beach earlier disperesed in search of fried food, over-priced t-shirts and Aloe Vera Lotion. After a few swigs of beer, several impatient glances at the rod tip and a peppering of the surf with homemade bait balls........WHAM, she bent over faster than Paris Hilton @ an afterparty. What appeared about an 18 incher immersed from the crest of the waves, took one look at my ugly mug and decide to roll over and go back to bed. Only half satisfied after being "this" close to landing my first of the seaon, luckily it didn't take long before batting practice turned into a home run derby. Floating sandworms on a 7" Eagle Claw just off bottom proved to be the soup d'jour and before I knew it I was knee deep in stripers. Beached 5 snipers in all (17, 18, 21 & 23 inches....plus the one that got wave jacked) and lost a couple more within the next hour. Unfortunately my night was cut short soon thereafter by the Fisher Price My First Badge & Gun Patrol of Old Orchard. I got nabbed for public drinking, he searched every bag, cooler and case I had, ran me for outstanding warrants and all after signaling me back to shore with an array of twirls of his flashlight directly into the feeding frenzy. I got off with a warning on the public drinking, because I was "very cooperative" in his words he didn't make me dump the rest of my beer and I decided to call it a night. Very eventful though to say the least.......hit 'em hard fellas!!!

StriperHyper ~ Will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Veteran Elite

Default Re: And the kid is on the board. . . . .

Nice going, keep them corraled and we'll be there in less than a month.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Striper Hunter

Damn man, nice job!!! I knew when I saw the wind die down that I shoulda come out!!! The police thing sucks, at least you werent sippin some of the "special sauce" cause that really would have put a bummer on the whole night..

Again, great meeting you and i enjoyed fishing with you, If you get back down my way drop me a line and we can hit up the canal or wherever.

Peace
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2008, 12:45 PM

Keep up the good work. I missed a monster last night on a eel like sluggo. Was not happy
Old 06-03-2008, 01:33 PM

Glad to hear you broke the skunk. Very entertaining story, those first fish of the season are definitely special!