Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

duo lock snaps

Tags
duo lock snaps
3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Striperjim 
#1 ·
Hi Do the duolock snaps affect how many fish you will catch? I use them sometimes but always feel like they hurt the action of the lure or the fish would see it. thanks

#3 ·
Check this out
http://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/showthread.php?t=10718&highlight=swivel

That thread doesn't specifically talk about duolocks though....but it might help answer your question. I personally like to tie my line straight to the plug using a fluorocarbon leader. That way....I have eliminated almost all factors that would cause a striper to turn away from my plug. Also it stops me from getting into the habit of changing plugs every 2 casts cause I didn't get a hit.

I don't really think the duolock effects the plug movement that much, if anything it makes fish think twice cause normal real fish don't have a duolock attached to their lip.

#6 ·
I used to use snaps, now all plugs are tied with a loop knot. Some use 'em, some don't. I would get bass, years ago, with wire leader and snaps. Some said you'll never get anything like that. Well I got tired of losing plugs, and I was new to the surf scene.:smile:
Tactics get fine tuned over the years once we get acclimated to this thing we do. It's all a learning experience.
You'll find what way works best, and you feel most comfortable with.thumbsup.gif

#7 ·
I like to tie the loop knots myself.
But I use the duolocks on metal lips swimmers and tins.
I find the breakaways to be a PIA. to difficult to get open. i need friggin split ring pliers to open them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.