Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

mack?

Tags
mack
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  therockfishchef 
#1 ·
i recently got a fishing boat and have taken it out a couple times around the little neck area. ive been desperately trying to find mackerel for some live bait. ive been using the standard mackerel jig in anywhere from 30-50 ft of water w no luck. anyonehave any tips on findin the mack asidee from look for the birdss

#2 ·
The mackerel are beginning to be tougher to find in my area (south shore, ma). 30-50 of water is good but try to vary your water depth if you can't find anything in 30-50 feet. Always looks for underwater structure and depth changes that will attract fish. Mackerel can also be found around weed lines and clusters of lobster pots which usually indicate good bottom structure. The best way to find mackerel is to be on the water jiggin with a sabiki rig at first light. I can't tell you how many guys wait till 6 or 7 in the morning, it's just not as good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.