The worst production I have ever seen.... - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Sports Bar
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Sports Bar Sports talk. Football / Baseball / Hockey / Basketball / Boxing / Nascar / Golf / Etc. Fantasy Sports!

Old 10-20-2005, 03:17 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Default The worst production I have ever seen....

....bar none, hands down.

Watched that Contender rematch debacle they aired on ESPN last night. I have seen some pretty big rip-off fights since the Summer of 2004, for instance the Yori Boy vs. De Lahoya fight (I have it on tape, totally atrocious judging). But last night, oh boy, last night took the cake. I mean it easily wins the award for Worst Production ever in the history boxing...in the history of any sport.

First, Anthony "The Bullet" Bonsante controlled every round of his rematch with Jesse Brinkley. Brinkley was owned Bonsante, every round. Yet some supposed "judges" unanimously gave the fight to Brinkley. I was horrifyingly stunned. I started to dry-heave I was so disgusted. Total, absolute nonsense.

To top it off, in the Main Event, Peter Manfredo Jr. was also robbed of a win, in which he controlled all but 2 rounds in his 8 round rematch with Sergio Mora. Chalk that cheap win up to being the "local boy", fighting in the Staples Center when your from East L.A., nothing more. Another totally disgusting venture into the lagging sport known as boxing. Yet another reason why it's just....so....bad.

It's not the fighters for sure, it's these supposed "judges" they hire to score the card. Every professional boxer, fighter, and anyone having anything to do with professional boxing scored the fights correctly. However, the saps, losers, dopes, and morons they hire to actually judge the fights have no idea how to do so. They are the root cause for a terrible night of boxing, mishaps, robbing hard working fighters, and an overall terrible production. These people should be sued and/or beaten out back, and thrown into a dumpster.

A big, loud, resounding BOOOOOOOOOO to Mark Burnett, Sylvester Stallone, and everyone else involved in this pathetic show of total insults to the fans and anyone who knows how to score a fight. This production was controlled by PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING! TOTAL, UTTER DEBACLE.

The sport of boxing is blown apart, withering.....

Atleast we got the UFC!

A quote from some lady at East Side Boxing...

"The fans booed, echoes of boos crashing into fresh boos, and the auditorium was awash with waves of angry disbelief. It grew louder. Stronger. Brinkley was booed, energetically, during his entire victory walk to the dressing room. The camera swept to the elderly gentleman making his way, perilously, from the ring on the walker; he was a Life magazine photo op- dejection, all hope vanquished. A promoter shook as he denounced the officials. Jackie Callan teared up. And Sly verbally accosted the California inspector of boxing. Matters worsened when it was whispered row to row that Teddy Atlas had it 5-0 for Bonsante."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2005, 08:32 PM

Jb i saw only the main event fight on replay. Your right. The main event was a home town decision and it sucked.
Mora rallied a little bit late but Manfredi controlled and won the first 4. the only rounds he clearly lost were the 5th and 7th. The decision sucked. Its amazing to me that these guys get paid to judge these contests.
Bring in Harold lettermen. :)
Old 10-22-2005, 10:53 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

LOL. You think that one was bad, try to catch an encore presentation of it (if they have one), your heart will sink and your fists might fly through the wall when you see Bonsante get ripped off like none other. That Brinkley bum didnt even fight, lost every round, and was rewarded. Totally unreal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2005, 10:43 AM

You are absolutely right, it's an atrocity what the sport of boxing has become. There are plenty of guys with talent and the promoters ruin it with their lame brained ideas. It would be nice if they got back to boxing rather than the "glitz." I understand why they do it but come on...they have to know where the sport is down in the dumps.