What happened to our Rhode Island guys? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 09-14-2005, 04:37 PM

Default What happened to our Rhode Island guys?

What happened to our Rhode Island guys?
I know they didnt stop fishin. Many of the issues with the sessions and cookies are cleared up so I hope they dont give up on us. Computers can be a PIA. Oh well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Pro Staff

I saw Rogerstg on today. Seems like around the time that the notorious Bassy Fergusson was doing his thing that the others quit coming around,,, but maybe that's just a coincidence. I talked to Cuz N Eddy & Briggs a couple weeks ago and they both said they've just been really busy. Ya know how summers can get.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:03 PM

I know they're having their swamp fishing tourny down there this week. They must be all fishing. A friend was catching tons of blues, a few bonitos and landed a 37" striper by the cottages. While I was down there on Sunday we caught blues no bass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2005, 11:15 PM

Default Hey Guys

Hi Guys,
Things have been pretty crazy around here and kinda had a bunch of issues of the summer. As some of you know my dad passed away (55) unexpectedly earlier in the year and being the only son and my father no getting remarried I have had a lot to take care of down in Florida. this is not to mention I have had some work on my house and having an almost 200 year old house there were some projects I did myself also beside what I had the pros do.

The fishing has been good to ok but I am ashamed to admit my last bass was caught mid July. I have had a good season of fluke fishing with my largest around 11.5 31". I have been out a few times to catch some monster blues for fun and I hope to get a jump on the fall run so expect to see more of me soon.

Talk to ya again soon
Ed
Old 09-15-2005, 02:01 AM

Gee Ed
Im awful sorry to hear about your Dad. My condolences to you and your family.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:23 PM

Default RI guys...

I'm not a regular poster or visitor to the site but really enjoy it. The times that I have visited and posted, everyone has been extremely helpful.

I just got relocated to RI at the beginning of 2005 and caught my first striper in the spring. Since then, that's all I can think about. I even sold off a few things just so I could get the gear I needed. I was really big into freshwater large mouth fishing in VA. Doesn't even come close to being on the water catching a striper.

I still have a lot to learn about the salt water fishing and I try to read everything that I can on the site about technique and know how. Just wanted to say thanks for site and I look forward to reading more.

wardopw
Old 09-30-2005, 12:03 PM

It's been a busy summer burning the candle on both ends. It's been a good year all around. now is my favorite time of the year, things are a little more quiet and the fish are fat and hungry.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:21 PM

I'm around as Bait mentioned. I think the downtime short circuited lots of threads so it'll just take some time to get folks back on track. Summer and fall fishing is not when too much activity happens online anyway. Oh yeah, Bassey showed up on a couple other boards, but has kept a lower profile.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:52 AM

Sooooooooooooooooo; a couple seasons pass by in a blink of the eye.
Aint landed no Bass, shot no ducks, or shafted no Bucks.
Long ranged a few 2 leggers however.
Some may recognize me as time goes by, I brought quite a few of you veterans here in the beginning.
specially most of the low 2 digit member numbers.
Been an outdoorsman since I was 4, 40 years has taught me lot's.
I have shared all I know with anyone willing to let me burn their eardrums.
Old man Jack once told me "knowledge belongs to noone, it must be shared!"
I am back but have reasons for this riddle, if you do recognize me, good to be back,see ya on the beach, or the hard side, or the southwest ledge, or the duck marsh or.........................................
allow me to reveal when the time is right please.